MXF Files

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I have a new canon camera and the files are xmf extension, pulling them into premier pro is a nightmare, I have 32GB ram and still have trouble even viewing them, tried creating proxy files that comes up with errors from audio.

Can anyone help??

TOPICS
Editing, How to, Import

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use canon mxf files (i frame) and dont even need proxies.

Post OS and Pr build, comp specs and file properties (mediainfo).

(please change your screenname to a more common name or a Staff member will do that for you.

Adobe and productnames are not allowed on this forum).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing them through Media Browser in the program? If not try that. Media Browser has helped me import stuff easily like Varicam footage that can get tripped up other ways.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Justin has a good suggestion. Using the MediaBrowser panel to ingest media is the cleanest way to do so. You can of course save 'favorites' so certain folders are available with one click. And ... the MediaBrowser does a better job of getting media with separate audio files (like some mxf  & AVCHD files are created by cameras) linked video to audio.

Neil

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the new cameras from Canon, Sony, Nikon and Panasonic have variations of H.264/265 that Quick Sync and Nvenc cannot decode or encode. Some people have just opted to record in a format that Premiere Pro, Avid, Vegas etc can handle. Intel's new CPUs for 2021 should be able to encode and decode the newer variations of H.264/265.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines