• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My adobe premiere CS6 suddenly hangs up on the splash screen and does not come up at all ,

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe premiere pro CS6 holds up on the splash screen and no plug ins come up it crashed from the start after I click on it. I have no plugins anyway. It crashed and never comes up.
CS6 has worked great on my I7 windows 10 computer BUILD 19042.1110 till yesterday with 16 gigs of ram Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
I Have tried updating the display driver, and have reinstalled all of CS6 twice... once with removing my preferences and once without removing my preferences. Also after effects, and encore also hold up on the splash screen. Photoshop works tho... I have tried deleting the plugins but there are none, and I have tried holding the alt key while clicking on Premiere icon. Nothing works... PLEASE HELP... THANKS1
TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Bob,
Sorry, man. Try rolling back Windows. When running legacy software as old as CS6, there will be an OS version that you will eventually install that you cannot move past, that is, without too much unexpected behavior. The application cannot run forever in future OS releases, unfortunately.

I recall being in a similar situation with a different NLE. I had a special hard drive that was "frozen in time" so that I could continue using the application in a state of relative stability.

Hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi I tried removing the last windows update from 2 weeks ago and it still hangs. It worked great till last night and I reinstalled CS6 several times.. once without deleting preferences and once without deleting preferences. I have build 19042.1110 should it be build 1903? Let me know.. It was fine till yesterday and when I was editing it said. Adobe has encountered an error and continue I clicked continue and it has been hanging on the splash screen ever since

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines