Highlighted

My Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 is Working So Slow?!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so my premiere pro 2019, is working very slow, it has started to work slow recently.

I don't really know what's the issue, if i drag a 20 minute video, and if i only just do clips, the playback and everything is just going to lag, i tried cleaning cache, use proxies, but it doesn't work, i also gave the full ram to premiere, anything that im missing?!

As Peru Bob stated, that's about the best that your particular laptop can do. Nothing whatsoever will help that PC perform well. Your CPU has only 2 cores and 4 threads, to begin with. Worse, it is a low-power, low-clock speed CPU. Worse still, your laptop has no discrete GPU whatsoever, and no discrete VRAM for the GPU. Instead, your laptop relies solely on integrated Intel graphics that steal 6 GB of RAM away from your system when the iGPU is utilized for video processing. That results in your system effectively having less than 2 GB of total system RAM available for the OS and Premiere Pro combined. That's nowhere near enough to run Premiere Pro at all. The RAM that's stolen by the iGPU eats far into the amount that you allocated for Premiere Pro. No wonder why your system choked even worse than it normally would have.

I also saw that report, and you do not have enough available physical RAM to run Premiere Pro at all. Only 3.75 GB (well, "GB" in terms of RAM should be "GiB," meaning "Gibibytes") of physical RAM is available for programs - period. Most of the rest is eaten up by the OS and its required processes. And the integrated graphics eats up a huge chunk of that puny 3.75 GB of available physical RAM (the iGPU can only use physical RAM, and cannot utilize any virtual RAM whatsoever, and when the iGPU demands more physical RAM than is available, the PC will choke badly under pressure with a crash or a forced automatic reboot). So, do not trust Adobe's minimum system requirements. The practical minimum hardware requirement is a lot higher than that. It should have stated "8 GB minimum available physical RAM," not just 8 GB total RAM. 16 GB or more available physical RAM is recommended. Always look at the "Available Physical Memory," not just at the "Installed Physical Memory" or the "Total Physical Memory," when determining whether your PC has enough RAM to run Premiere Pro.

And Adobe's system requirements do not include an integrated GPU at all. Instead, it assumes that you'll be relying solely on a separate discrete GPU with its own discrete VRAM for all video display and GPGPU-accelerated processing. If your system does not have a discrete GPU, you'll need more than 16 GB of RAM installed just to avoid choking so badly - and even then, your system's performance will remain sluggish.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 is Working So Slow?!

Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, so my premiere pro 2019, is working very slow, it has started to work slow recently.

I don't really know what's the issue, if i drag a 20 minute video, and if i only just do clips, the playback and everything is just going to lag, i tried cleaning cache, use proxies, but it doesn't work, i also gave the full ram to premiere, anything that im missing?!

As Peru Bob stated, that's about the best that your particular laptop can do. Nothing whatsoever will help that PC perform well. Your CPU has only 2 cores and 4 threads, to begin with. Worse, it is a low-power, low-clock speed CPU. Worse still, your laptop has no discrete GPU whatsoever, and no discrete VRAM for the GPU. Instead, your laptop relies solely on integrated Intel graphics that steal 6 GB of RAM away from your system when the iGPU is utilized for video processing. That results in your system effectively having less than 2 GB of total system RAM available for the OS and Premiere Pro combined. That's nowhere near enough to run Premiere Pro at all. The RAM that's stolen by the iGPU eats far into the amount that you allocated for Premiere Pro. No wonder why your system choked even worse than it normally would have.

I also saw that report, and you do not have enough available physical RAM to run Premiere Pro at all. Only 3.75 GB (well, "GB" in terms of RAM should be "GiB," meaning "Gibibytes") of physical RAM is available for programs - period. Most of the rest is eaten up by the OS and its required processes. And the integrated graphics eats up a huge chunk of that puny 3.75 GB of available physical RAM (the iGPU can only use physical RAM, and cannot utilize any virtual RAM whatsoever, and when the iGPU demands more physical RAM than is available, the PC will choke badly under pressure with a crash or a forced automatic reboot). So, do not trust Adobe's minimum system requirements. The practical minimum hardware requirement is a lot higher than that. It should have stated "8 GB minimum available physical RAM," not just 8 GB total RAM. 16 GB or more available physical RAM is recommended. Always look at the "Available Physical Memory," not just at the "Installed Physical Memory" or the "Total Physical Memory," when determining whether your PC has enough RAM to run Premiere Pro.

And Adobe's system requirements do not include an integrated GPU at all. Instead, it assumes that you'll be relying solely on a separate discrete GPU with its own discrete VRAM for all video display and GPGPU-accelerated processing. If your system does not have a discrete GPU, you'll need more than 16 GB of RAM installed just to avoid choking so badly - and even then, your system's performance will remain sluggish.

TOPICS
Crash, Freeze or hang, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, and how full)?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this helps, I Tried sony vegas, and the playback worked so fine, it's just that I am not used to it, I don't think its my pc, i thinks its Premiere Pro

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-PQV65QG
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Inspiron 3558
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU 06B0
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A19, 5/16/2019
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Dell Inc.
BaseBoard Product 0G1TDD
BaseBoard Version A00
Platform Role Mobile
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.752"
User Name DESKTOP-PQV65QG\JEHONAservice'
Time Zone Central European Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.91 GB
Available Physical Memory 3.75 GB
Total Virtual Memory 10.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.65 GB
Page File Space 2.93 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, TPM is not usable
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

aaaa.PNG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using that computer will not result in a happy editing experience with Premiere Pro.

See here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

and here:

https://www.pugetsystems.com/recommended/Recommended-Systems-for-Adobe-Premiere-Pro-143/Hardware-Rec...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2020 0