• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My exported video is blurry.

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I export my gaming video it appears very blurry and does not match the quality of the videos used in the timeline. For some reason when I add a video I have to either select set to frame size or scale to frame size because it is smaller than the video dimensions. I don't know if this is the cause of the problem. 

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are increasing the size of the clip to fit the sequence, you will lose quality.

What are your media properties?

What are your sequence settings?

What are your export settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, I'm pretty new to premiere pro but I will try and answer. My export settings are 60 frames, 1,280 and 720 dimensions, and the source scaling is set to scale to fit. The sequence settings match the frame size and frame rate of the export settings. I am not sure where to see the media properties, however like you said, I think the problem is me increasing the size of the clip to fit the sequence. Is there a way to solve me having to upscale the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I understand from what you say - your source clips are lower resolution than 1280x720 - as you are (up)scaling your clips in the sequence to fit. If that is the case the only way to get 'sharp' exports is to capture the gameplay at a higher resolution. One that matches or exceeds the resolution of your sequence. Can you do that?

If you can't, or you want to use your existing gameplay footage (for now) you may get a 'slightly' better result by having your sequence settings match the resolution of your gameplay footage i.e. if you've captured at (say) 960x540 - then set your sequence resolution to match this and export to the same size. 

But ideally you want higher resolution clips in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I record with geforce shadowplay and in my recording settings it is set to 1080p, 60frames and a bit rate of 50. When I look at my clips before putting them into Premiere Pro they are sharp and clear, but after using them in Premiere and exporting the video it becomes blurry. Thanks for all your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure where to see the media properties

Please use the free MediaInfo and post a screenshot the properties of your media in tree view:
https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I just found the media properties and they are 1080p, 60FPS and a bit rate of 50.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines