Highlighted

My finished export file has changes, but when I reopen my sequence it doesn't?

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm coming up with a bizarre issue where I'll finish working on a project (saved and exported) but when I open my project file at a later date to re-use some of the elements in my sequences the changes and edits that I made are not shown in the timeline/sequence that I created. 

Wondering if anyone else has this issue and how I can find my most recent timeline and file.

Thanks!

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My finished export file has changes, but when I reopen my sequence it doesn't?

Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm coming up with a bizarre issue where I'll finish working on a project (saved and exported) but when I open my project file at a later date to re-use some of the elements in my sequences the changes and edits that I made are not shown in the timeline/sequence that I created. 

Wondering if anyone else has this issue and how I can find my most recent timeline and file.

Thanks!

Topics

Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I usually save a edit project before I quit ... but also use 'save as' and just make some note about the filename to reflect last edit. Like, Frog Jumps in Lake, becomes Frog Jumps in Lake after composite.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had, like you, edits I saved jump back to before last changes were made.

I use resolve and there are different programs hooked up to each other...

there's media, edit, color, fusion, and fairlight. All that stuff goes to cache as you jump around.

I suspect that sometimes the programming is flawed so that that cache isn't reflected in a save, but it does when you use 'save as'.

Just a gut feeling.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it's quite weird! You'd think that when you save and export the file that would act as a 'save-as' situation. I keep having to remake the edits everytime I open the file (Luckily it's re-opening near the end of my edit) but still I'd like to reopen the file as I had it when I last exported and finished working on it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be nice if there was a timeline of your timeline..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be bizarre!

I can't replicate the behavior though ... and I'm assuming you set your sequence names so you know when you're working with the latest one, incremented name changes or something.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - luckly I dig and found an autosave to work from. I'm going to chalk it up to an organization/project save issue.

Thanks for your response.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe, that sounds like me when I have to write down what to shop for next time I go to food store... must be organized !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
salvo34 LATEST
Advocate ,
Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ps.

there is a timeline of your timeline, but it's in your head. that's what 'save as' helps you with... hehe... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines