Highlighted

My Keyboard stops working on all programs when using adobe premiere pro

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to get some help with this strange issue. I just recently built a monster machine for my business and it's been working great! However, yesterday this problem occurred. I started running premiere pro and all of a sudden, my keyboard stopped working, not just in the program, but in my browser, notes, literally everywhere. When I close out of PP, it works just fine again. I have the most up to date Windows 10 settings, I've updated premiere pro, I've even reset all my preferences in PP. I've updated my drivers in my keyboard, I have no idea what else to do. 

My mouse works fine, so I can playback in my timeline, it's simply in reference to the keyboard. Looking forward to your feedback!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Keyboard stops working on all programs when using adobe premiere pro

New Here ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to get some help with this strange issue. I just recently built a monster machine for my business and it's been working great! However, yesterday this problem occurred. I started running premiere pro and all of a sudden, my keyboard stopped working, not just in the program, but in my browser, notes, literally everywhere. When I close out of PP, it works just fine again. I have the most up to date Windows 10 settings, I've updated premiere pro, I've even reset all my preferences in PP. I've updated my drivers in my keyboard, I have no idea what else to do. 

My mouse works fine, so I can playback in my timeline, it's simply in reference to the keyboard. Looking forward to your feedback!

TOPICS
Error or problem, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is a USB keyboard, try a different USB port.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it a wireless keyboard?  Also, when it stops working try either disconnecting it (if it's a wired keyboard) or turning it off if it's a wireless keyboard and then reconnecting it and see if it starts working.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue!
After a few minutes of working in Lightreoom or Photoshop my usb keyboard stops working full stop. It only starts working again once I've unplugged and replugged it in. All my drivers and applications are up to date and patched.
It's a wired keyboard so not a wireless issue. It only occures in Adobe products.
Very annoying since it basically renders the applications unusable.
I've searched high and low for the past 2 or 3 months for a solution but nothing.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wondering if it could be an issue with your keyboard shortcuts.  Maybe try switching the preset and see if the behavior stops.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0