• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mask has stopped working toward the end of a clip – AE:ADBE AEMask (GPUVideoFilter::Precompute)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently working on a music video for a client, and I have not had any issues until the last time I was working on it. I was keyframing a mask path, when suddenly the last part of the clip showed the attached error. I am not sure what has triggered this, as there were keyframes right until the end of the clip, and I had been perfecting the motion of the mask path when it decided it wasn't going to work for the last quarter of the clip anymore – everything up until the last quarter continues to playback as expected.

I've had a look online but found no real fixes foir this specific issue, asides reinstalling to a previous version which I can no longer do through CC. I tried updating to the latest version, 15.01, but this has not resolved the sissue either.

My computer specs are as follow:

• iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, 2017)
  • Processor 3.4GHz Intel Core i5
  • Memory 40GB 2400 MHz DDR4
  • Startup Disk Macintosh HD
  • Graphics Radeoin Pro 570 4GB

Any help appreciated as I am against the clock and getting desperate! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the After Effects forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! However, this message is showing within Premiere Pro and not After Effects. I am not sure why it is prefixed with 'AE' because there is no dynamic link for this clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then I'll move it to Premiere Pro, and my apologies for assuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - did you get a fix for this? I'm getting the same error in PP 2021. I'm not sure if its related but in the adobe cloud app most of my installed apps (including PP) are not showing as installed. I'm on a mac with pretty much the same specs as you, running Big Sur 11.4. When I googled this error this is thread is the only result i got 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amanda, apologies for not responding sooner!

I didn't find a 'fix' as such, but I did eventually get around the issue by deleting the first key frame in the mask that caused the error message to show, and then replaced it with a new keyframe. This removed the error message for the rest of the clip and allowed me to continue masking as normal – so far this has held up on 2 different clips!

Hope this helps 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines