Highlighted

My Photo's are all Offline as my network address changed, how do I restore it?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tearing my hair out, but my network changed it's addresses and the Cloud drive my photos are on now shows as "offline" -- I can't seem to change the name to allow them to find the source again...  I did find I could manually relink a single file at at time, but I have thousands of files...  There must be a way,..

This image shows the problem...  Instead of 192.168.1.122 - I need it to say wdmycloudmirror....  The IP address changed...  I'm hoping to find a way to simply fix this so the files can be found by the catalog...  Help!! 😞

FileOffline.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My Photo's are all Offline as my network address changed, how do I restore it?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tearing my hair out, but my network changed it's addresses and the Cloud drive my photos are on now shows as "offline" -- I can't seem to change the name to allow them to find the source again...  I did find I could manually relink a single file at at time, but I have thousands of files...  There must be a way,..

This image shows the problem...  Instead of 192.168.1.122 - I need it to say wdmycloudmirror....  The IP address changed...  I'm hoping to find a way to simply fix this so the files can be found by the catalog...  Help!! 😞

FileOffline.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if the relative position of the photos is the same, relinking one file usually will let the rest of the files relink automatically.   Never a good idea in my opinion to store media on the cloud.   What are you going to do if the internet goes down when you have a deadline?  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
Engaged ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure to check "Relink others automatically" when relinking, it should do it automatically.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 1
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Sami.  that's what I love about this place:  when I give advice that's incomplete, someone else steps and up and fills in the blanks...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks both @mgrenadier and @Sami Succar ...  Will give it a go...  Just to add clarity around your comment about "cloud" - I'm actually just using an external drive on my local network, so not using the cloud per-se...  But I have so many photos that they don't fit on my computer... 

This does beg the question, if this product really appropriate for home photo library managment?  I find it difficult to use and train, so when these catalog issues come up, it's really discouraging as I've had to start from scratch about twice now and training the face detection is really a pain...  Thanks for the insight...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK:  Got to get in and try it; but I'm not seeing any option to "relink others automatically"...  One at a time is not feasible... 😞

Capture.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that Premiere Elements you're using? This forum is for Premiere Pro, and the two programs are not even close to the same thing. In anything.

It would be best to ask this on the Premiere Elements forum if so ...

Premiere Elements Forum

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 1
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uh oh...  Yeah - Premier Elements...  Sorry for that...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time the file path changes, it's highly likely that you'll have to relink.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2020 0