• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My playback is still choppy using Proxies with 4k footage

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2020 Apr 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am using the Quicktime Cineform Low Resolution proxy but play back is still choppy, although better than full sized files. I have also set my screen resolution to 1/4.

Is there anything else I can attempt to improve playback? Or is my MacBook simply at its limit?...

2.8 Ghz i5

8gb 160 MHz DDR3

Thanks for any help in advance.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2.8 Ghz i5? Is that a 2010 model or 2014/2015?

Either way, that's on the low end for 4k. If you can, try creating Prores 422 Proxy files instead of Cineform. In my experience Prores tends to perform better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Its a 2014, its fine with the 1080 but struggles as soon as it hits the 4k footage. I have an SSD on order and will be looking to move all my data there. Will having the source data on the SSD make a noticeble difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A SSD vs a mechnanical drive will perform better. However, there is no guarantee it will work with 4k.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What is the source footage? I just ask because recently I had this problem, and it's because I had media from a smartphone and most smartphones shoot variable frame rate, which really screws Premiere up. 

Hopefully you figured it out by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines