• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Premier Pro has stopped using GPU (Grey out at Software Only)

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

System: Intel i5 4 Core

GeForce GTX 1650

8 GB RAM

Adobe Pr Version 13.1 (2020)

Important notes:

GPU was up to date, yet I reinstalled it again. 

It was working fine before (Cuda was working). 

It Grey's out now, and I can't even change the render. Stucked at Software only. 

Check on internet, have already done

1) GPUsniffer 

2) cuda_supported_cards

3) opengl_supported_cards 

4) Upto date GPU Driver. 

5) Installed CUDA driver as well. 

Still it stucked at Software only. Please help, I have projects laying around pending. 

TOPICS
Crash , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your at the very low end of what is possible hardware wise. You have 13.1 listed but (2020) in parens after it. 13.1 is PP2019. Cuda_Supported_cards is ancient, that does nothing now. Which driver version? Cuda driver is a Mac thing, which OS version. We need some specifics...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@myer I have followed all the details on the Internet, yet couldn't find a solution to it, I have Windows 10, PC. I recently reinstalled and updated to the latest version but I am still having the issue. 

Yesterday and before that, it was 🏃 smoothly having GPU acceleration Cuda. What should I do please guide. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you have this studio driver installed.

Version: 456.38
Release Date:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ann thank you for replying. Yes my studio driver is up to date to that version you mentioned. Still not working for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next thing to check is the amount of RAM that's installed in your system. 8 GB is the absolute bare minimum amount of RAM to even run Premiere Pro at all, officially. And with Windows itself and all of its required background processes eating up around 4 GB of RAM for themselves, leaving you with less than 4 GB available to run all of the other software programs including Premiere Pro, it's no wonder why you're stuck in software-only MPE and software-only encoding. Newer versions of Premiere Pro, beginning with the 14.2 version, now require 8 GB or more free, available physical RAM (not just total installed RAM) in order for Premiere Pro to run properly. You will need to upgrade your PC's memory to 16 GB or more RAM before you can enable GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your time, I guess there's no fix until I get 16GB.

But what surprisd me was, it worked all good until today. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, check your driver version. When you say you reinstalled and updated, are you talking about Windows or Premiere? My machine updated to Win v2004 recently and it's caused a bunch of problems including having my driver set back to v532??? I had software only until I managed to figure out what was happening and re-updated the driver which I had done in the days before the Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@myer thank you for replying, 

yes I have reinstalled the Adobe from their creative cloud and also reinstalled the GPU driver (Studio Driver) lastest version given.

If I recall, It happened ever since I used CCleaner to clean junkies today. Idk how it affected the Adobe files.

I couldn't find "cuda_supported_cards" files as well, idk if they were suppose to be there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no "cuda_supported_cards.txt" file any more in any version of Premiere Pro since the CC 2014 (8.x) version. And trying to add one with the name of your GPU will do absolutely nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This threads a perfect example of why we should reply using only the top Reply button...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am against this, at least with the community software in its present format. You see, the forums software made it impossible to determine which post is the user replying to, especially if there are many pages in between the reply and the post that the poster is replying to. I am in favor of another redesign of the community software.

As it stands now, replying like what you suggested assumes that all replies are to the first and original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it's a big mess. In another chat room we have been complaining about this since the move from the old softare. It's amazing how almost none of the things we said we needed have been implemented. Just know that most if not all of us want big changes to this forum softare and added many of the old features we used to have on the previous softare.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a clean custom install of your nvidia driver.

Sometimes one needs to install a earlier driver.

nvidia.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2020 Sep 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for reaching out to me, I have already updated my drives and cleaned installed them twice now. I wish there a solution to it, it shouldn't be Not Working because of 8RAM.  It has been fine even after the updates for 2020. It just occurred yesterday.

Would I receive the same problem if I switched to "Da Vinci Code" ? 

I just need  a fast renderer and fast exports, and GPU did that for me but not anymore in the case for Adobe PP 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines