• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My previews are playing in fast forward

New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm having major problems editing. I can import fine, and edit fine, but any clips I play in Premiere Pro are playing in fast forward with choppy audio. I've looked online, but it's really hard to find any results when the issue has to do with speed, all I get back are "How to speed up or slow down clips" but the clips are fine, after export things play normally, it's the actual Premiere Pro player that is the issue. The only people I've seen with this issue online seem to have fixed it in the Audio Hardware preferences, but none of them actually say what they did to fix it, and I haven't found anything in it that fixed it. (Switching from MME to ASIO seemed to fix the play speed, but then I had no audio at all)

My computer should have zero issues running... anything.

AMD A10-7700k Radeon R7, 10 compute cores 4C+6G 3.40GHZ

AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB

32 gigs of Ram

I really need to figure this out, video editing is a major part of my school assignments. Anyone have any suggestions. I've tried everything I can find.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Don't know if you found a fix for this or not, but the solution my boss and I found was to go into the Preferences Edit>Preferences>Audio Hardware and change the default input from the current audio device and change it to none. For some reason that fixed it for us.

Clay

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this saved me a TON of time. I really apreciate it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness!!!! This worked like magic! I've been trying to fix my premiere pro for almost a month now. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years (and possibly four versions) later this fixed my issue! Thank you for saving my sanity!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

solution for me too...

4 years later.

Good job Adobe! (not...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made an account to say thank you. You are a life saver!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this worked for me as well. Great work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SOO MUCH I WAS CRYING ALREADY. How is this a solution? this is so weird but it worked like heaven. thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yup,  that's the answer....thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your a lifesaver! this worked and happened to me just now for some odd reason! thank you for being so informative! bless you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AGH! You are AMAZING! Why did this work?? I just updated to v15 because 14.9 was causing issues with choppy playback, but then I was met with new trouble with this crazy fastforwarded/choppy playback. So far it looks like your advice has solved my issue, but why? It seems like I keep running into issue after issue like this with the updates. Anyway, thank you for coming to the rescue for all of us! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this worked like a charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me as well. Thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2021 Nov 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this worked for me too! thank  you, so random . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! Worked for me. What a stupid error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I need to record a voice over, and if I don't have an audio input set up, then I can't record a voiceover.  So this isn't exactly a solution, it just gets around the playback problem, but now I can't record voiceovers.  So like why can't I have both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi resetWes,

Sorry about that. Have you tried plugging in your microphone and choosing that instead of None? If so, what happens? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, this worked for me.  I don't even remember changing that so must've been auto when I added a device while PP was open.  Thanks again big help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me - but there is more. The issue seemed to be that I had a Zoom H4n attached as my audio mixer/input/bridge for VO work. Sure, selecting "none" as my audio input worked but why did the H4n cause the problem to begin with?

The answer in my case was that the H4n was set to 44.1khz while Premiere was set to "48000". Setting the Zoom to 48khz also fixed it. This has the added benefit of solving a related issue in Audition. So important safety tip. Make sure your mixer/input and application are on the same clock speed.

Also, don't cross the streams.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are ACTUALLY INSANE IVE BEEN SITTING HERE FIR HOURS WITH MY PROJECT UNABKE TO PREVIEW ANYTHING without it playing in 2x speed.  changing that one setting fixed it immediately 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can confirm this problem still exists in 2023 and this solution still works. Thank you sir.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2023 Jul 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OH MY GOD this is from 2016 and Im here in 2023 with the same issue and this still works! Thanks bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That totally worked!  I was freaking out, trying to figure out what happened!  But doing as you said and going into Preferences did the trick.  I will add one thing...the REASON it happened it because I added a Logitech Webcam to use with another program.  I guess that when I installed the web cam Adboe Premiere decided that should now be my Input, and that's how it got flipped in my settings without me doing anything myself.  I NEVER would have figured this out, but now that I realize that this issue (fast forwarded playback) only started after I plugged in the stupid webcam (which has audio as well obviously).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2023 Aug 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed it for me also. How is this still an issue and it's 2023?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines