• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Project disappeared!!

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project disappeared from Premiere Pro! I have been working on the same project every night for a week. When I went to go open it up in premiere it was gone? I've looked in all my files no where to be found. The last project says opened 4 days ago but I was on premiere less then 24 hours ago.. What happened? How can I get my work back?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2019 Apr 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

giuseppep78746599  wrote:

My problem was caused by starting a portable version of photoshop on a computer with premiere installed (not portable): when closing photoshop, it deletes ALL files from /13 folder (default premiere folder).

Yes, that would be a problem as there is no portable version of photoshop, well, legit version anyway. Try googling 'portable version of photoshop' here's from the first entry...

and

There is no Photoshop Portable or Photoshop Lite version published or supported by Adobe. If you find a Photoshop Portable version available for download, it is almost certainly an illegal cracked version of Photoshop, which could potentially carry a virus or other malware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, thank you. Just found Photoshop portable was not real Photoshop. That's why deleted premiere files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is definitely not photoshop portable. Is that a real thing?? I’m a full time independent photographer and videographer Who is very familiar with premiere  I wish I could tell you why my work was deleted but I can’t. Backups are a must!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some amazing pirate versions of Photoshop especially ... amazing in that they can 1) seem correct and 2) do ... nasty ... stuff.

I have known of users who decided to use the same folder system that the cache files and media cache database files are kept in. Which are routinely cleaned, of course. And ... ooopsies, that wasn't a cache file there ...

We've had a computer since the late '80's, learned under the old-tyme-ways of fearing crashes and drive failures.

One sets a folder structure for one's own work, separate from any program-stored data. Backs it up to other drives and off the system regularly. As a momentary electrical system issue can become full-on PANIC in an instant otherwise.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem ,as i installed the portable after effects all my premiere pro projects are gone .is there any solution to it ? How can I get my projects back ? Help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

portable after effects

Please explain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know it says portable after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which subscription do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manass81162952  wrote

I had the same problem ,as i installed the portable after effects all my premiere pro projects are gone .is there any solution to it ? How can I get my projects back ? Help please

Wow! See my post above, post 19. The same info there regards Photoshop is completely applicable. Scroll up or here's a link:

Re: My Project disappeared!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portable sounds like cracked version. No compassion here for loosing all Premiere projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How presumptuous of you Ann Bens - but no, it's the fully up to date, annually paid - full suite...

Now how about a bit of that compassion?

No need for me, as it happens I luckily had a back up with a little work lost but not everything.

I feel for everyone who is experiencing this problem though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davep34186800  wrote

How presumptuous of you Ann Bens - but no, it's the fully up to date, annually paid - full suite...

I was referring to manass81162952

Anyway data just does not disappear or move on its own.

That is why I always say make backups to a different drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me right now with Premier Pro! I always save in the same places. and on my external HD to make sure, and all of my projects are gone, just disappeared except for an older version project which I haven't touched in years. I've been reading posts about this very same issue going back a couple of years now. I have the adobe creative cloud package. Never had a problem with this until a few days ago. I, like other people are depending on this software to function properly, and I know things happen, but this is a serious issue. My line of work depends on this. Promo videos gone, wedding video gone! I know for a fact I didn't put it somewhere and I just cant find it, two years of film school, fcp, avid, I've been doing this for a while now. This moved on its own with out my help and I can not find it any where. Can you guys help, is there a fail safe, a back up on the cloud, something? Hours, days, and weeks just gone!!! I haven't a clue of what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't a clue of what to do.

Check your back up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its no where to be found. Unless there is a back I don't know about besides my external HD's. What am I missing? Where else should I look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Recycle Bins (on the computer and also on the external drive - some external drives have their own recycle bin).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tracyb98641085  wrote

Its no where to be found. Unless there is a back I don't know about besides my external HD's. What am I missing? Where else should I look?

You should look in your own backups. The ones you make on a regular basis.

Are you saying the hdd in question is the only copy?

I am guessing your hdd is about to go bust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save them to my MAC computer internal HD, and my back up external HD's. And what does that mean exactly, about to go bust?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything else on the external, my down loads, footage etc, I can access, just not the adobe software projects.. they're all missing for some reason. I did not do anything different between two days ago and now. My adobe photoshop is also not finding projects that I saved that are sitting on the (recent) page. I click the ok, and they disappear... Why, I don't know. These are both under the cloud package Im paying monthly for. I also have just now been getting (can't sync) messages from the Creative cloud. I've read and followed this same issue back to 2017 up until now, Im not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please say which version number for PP you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13,1.4 (build 2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Some of those threads back in 2017 were for a problem with missing files which was quickly fixed and that version removed from distribution. So, we can eliminate that from your problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Do you think there is a solution for this one maybe? Hopefully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just some of the normal file finding items, things that Ann Bens​ has suggested. You could contact Adobe support, perhaps someone could access your computer and give you a hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines