• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My project won't open in Premiere 2019.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started to work on a project in Premiere 2018. After the update, the project converted to 2019 without a hitch. Everything was working fine until this morning. Premiere opens, and when I select a project to open, the project opens, but the window never shows. Premiere seems to function as if the project were open, but there are no windows on my desktop. I need to export this video today. HELP!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

I actually solved the problem. When opening  Premiere on Mac, you hold down the Option key. If on Windows, it’s the Alt key. When the pop-up window comes up, you let go of the key and Premiere asks if you want to reset the settings. Hit yes, and Premiere defaults to its original settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2018 Oct 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you go to Windows > Workspaces > Reset to Saved Layout?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2018 Nov 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing happens. I updated my Premiere today and thought it might fix the problem, but it didn't. I can't figure out how to get my windows back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the workspace blank (no windows) in new projects as well?

If yes, FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences in Premiere Pro?

If no, create a new project in CC 2019 and import the CC 2018 project into CC 2019. It is generally better to import old projects than just opening them and convert them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you 

you saved my life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I had to uninstall and re install premiere. Only take couple mins. and it fixed the problem untill I closed the project and tried to open another one. And now I'm right back with the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this project start in CC 2019 or did you open a CC 2018 project in CC 2019?

IMO, the best way to upgrade old projects is to start a new project in CC 2019 and then go to File > Import and select the CC 2018 project file and import that as if it were footage. Over the years this has proven to be more hassle free than just opening old projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually solved the problem. When opening  Premiere on Mac, you hold down the Option key. If on Windows, it’s the Alt key. When the pop-up window comes up, you let go of the key and Premiere asks if you want to reset the settings. Hit yes, and Premiere defaults to its original settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesssss thank you so much. It worked for me

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind- I answered my own question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I can see the file in the import panel, but noth8ng showing. I saw it saving at times...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. This solved my problem as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes This Method work very well. Thanks you safe our life. Just Press Alt and then click your Premiere Pro Project then release when the pop up screen come out it will straight have a box to ask if you want to reset the setting for the project, click yes then it will open up normally. Just have to do this once for every project tat have problem to load up. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
Reseting Premiere helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank you thank you!! I tried everything else, and wish I'd known it was such an easy fix. I thought everything was gone forever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You saved my behind.  That worked like a charm!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, I have same problem with Premiere 2020. Also, I tried this method. It doesn't work. Does anyone have solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines