• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My proxies won't load into the queue of media encoder

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I go to create proxy files, in premiere it says "creating proxies," but when media encoder loads, nothing happens, and none of the files load into the queue. I have the most recent versions of premiere and media encoder. I tried multiple clips from different projects, used custom ingest presets, and I even tried some of the default premiere ingest presets (which I usually wouldn't do because I like to create my own proxy ingest presets) Every time I give it a go, "creating proxies" comes up, media encoder loads, but then nothing happens. 

Does anyone have any advice on what they think could be the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Formats , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Hey! I was having the same issue. BUT THIS WORKED FOR ME. 

go to system preferences - security and Privacy - files and folders - and make sure the boxes under Media encoder and Premiere Pro are clicked ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

I was on chat with Adobe Support and they provided me with this solution. It worked

I run WIN10, on NVIDIA Quadro P4000, APP 15.1.4 AME 15.1.4

Rename the Premiere pro folder from the below shared locations.
1) Open Run command (Windows key + R key) -> type appdata in the box and press enter -> go to Roaming folder -> go to Adobe folder -> rename the Premiere pro and Media encoder folder here as Premiere pro.old and Media encoder.old.
2) In the same location, you will see folder named dynamic link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2023 Sep 22, 2023

I was having the same issue and it turned out my Media Encoder wasn't as up to date as my Premiere so make sure their version numbers are matching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to trash the preferences first (hold ALT while premiere is running on the splash screen)

clean media cache in both premiere pro and AME

recreate your proxy jobs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same issue. trashing preferences and deleting/cleaning the media cache has not helped. Media Encoder opens and then nothing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you sure you have the latest versions of both premiere pro and media encoder?

uninstall and reinstall both apps to make sure you are on the latest builds for both

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. This does not remedy it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get slapped down occasionally here for suggesting workarounds, but for me it's about getting the work done...

No reason why you can't create a preset for the proxy and just bring your camera original into adobe media encoder

and export with the preset...  And then attach the proxies in Premiere...  But, test a single file first to make sure everything's working properly before processing all the files..  I have a metadata display preset that shows the proxy location so I can quickly make sure it's attached successfully. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate it. That does work as a workaround.

I have found that the issue isn't isolated to proxies. Can't queue anything from Premiere into Media Encoder. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall and reinstall the newest versions of boteh pp and AME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I was able to solve this by uninstalling and then reinstalling both Premiere and Media Encoder. Ugh 2 hours wasted on a project that needs a quick turnaround. Really frustrated by that but thankful to the folks posting in here with workarounds, that helped a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I was having the same issue. BUT THIS WORKED FOR ME. 

go to system preferences - security and Privacy - files and folders - and make sure the boxes under Media encoder and Premiere Pro are clicked ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2021 May 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This also worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aynı sorunu yaşıyorun . tam olarak nasıl çözdünüz acaba.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if they are already clicked?

and media encoder is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you find system preferences? I can't find that option on Windows 10 and I have the same problem with Adobe Media Encoder not opening after I say create proxies 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2021 Oct 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always manually load your source clips into media encoder, apply the appropriate preset for your proxies and generate the proxies and then go back to premiere and attach them to the original files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if the Media Encoder app doesn't show up in the settings you mentioned to verify if the box is checked? For me, it doesn't show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you've jumped in on a thread that was started a in 2020.  You might want to start by telling us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, Media Encoder version, amount of RAM, and your Hardware specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using OS Monterey 12.3.1 on the 2017 Macbook Pro 

2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Premiere Pro CC 14.3.1 (Build 45)

Media Encoder 14.2 (Build 45)

16 GB of RAM

Radeon Pro 555 2 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're running a pretty old version of premiere and media encoder.  Any reason why you haven't updated?  Remember there are no issues with having multiple versions of adobe creative cloud apps on your computer.  I'm running the latest version on a 2012 macbookpro running Catalina without any issues.   

just checked previous posts in this thread and it does sound like you may have to manually go in to system preferences and manually add and enable premiere and media encoder.   I think if you go to privacy: full disk access or files and folders, you can click the + button to manually add an app...    but I'm no expert in this...  Might be worthwhile to call apple support if you have any questions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like updating always sucks because there are usually issues with functionality.
By the way, what you suggested in your 2nd paragraph is the first thing I tried with no luck. Also, the +button is greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe try and create a new user with administrator privileges in system preferences Users and Groups sign in as the new user...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up doing an update on all software and "Bang"! Everything works!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on chat with Adobe Support and they provided me with this solution. It worked

I run WIN10, on NVIDIA Quadro P4000, APP 15.1.4 AME 15.1.4

Rename the Premiere pro folder from the below shared locations.
1) Open Run command (Windows key + R key) -> type appdata in the box and press enter -> go to Roaming folder -> go to Adobe folder -> rename the Premiere pro and Media encoder folder here as Premiere pro.old and Media encoder.old.
2) In the same location, you will see folder named dynamic link manager, dynamic link server, dynamic sonar and common, please rename them as well by adding .old in their name.
3) Go to Documents folder -> Adobe folder -> rename the Premiere pro and Media encoder folder here as Premiere pro.old and Media encoder.old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. When I upgraded my apps I didn't know what had happened. I even uninstalled all the adobe apps and re-installed. I just did this method and they're working again. After I finish my projects I am going to do a fresh install of windows and adobe apps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines