Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My sequence is not showing up in timeline

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reaching out to the experts here.  

So i created my first video in Premiere Pro and I posted it to YouTube under private so my friends could see it and give feedback before publishing. However I notice that two frames in the video gave an error message indicating that when i created the final video that i'd somehow deleted the original source of the video clip.  I figured easy, so i just go back into premiere pro and re-open my project and put the missing file back in the video and re export.

However when the project opens in premiere pro all my library of images and video clips are in the left hand box but nothing shows in my timeline so I can insert or edit etc.   I have searched and tried dozens of ways to find it but come up blank.  I really dont want to go back and re create the video unless I have to. I sense its a simple route directory, source setting i'm missing or havent clicked.... but i'll be damned if i can find it. 

Anyone experienced this before? 

Mark

TOPICS
Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you Dropbox a copy of your project, without the media, so we can have a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

It appears my sequence is missing entirely within the single project i'm working on. 

i'm going to start a new project and see how this goes.  My first attempt to do this wasnt great as when i tried to import the 3 random videos into the timeline it wouldnt allow it.  Apreciate your assistence 

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To support this assumption, I tried to make a second video and randomly picked 3 videos and put them in my project folder. I then tried to drag into my timeline and they wont go. I get that hand grabbing logo but when it enters the timeline it has a "no entry" symbol.  

That is a different user error.

I think you have under estimated the software: especially if your are new to video editing.

The software is targeted towards Professionals and advanced hobbyists.

Premiere has a steep learning curve, not something you master in 7 days.

Even after using the software for 20 years I learn something new every so often.

You can master the software but it will take a little bit more of your time.

Guessing you sequence is gone. Might want to look into the auto save folder for a project that might still have the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann,  

I don't think i'm underestimating it, I researched it and its the best out there but at a newcomers first impression I feel some aspects could be a little more user friendly even if it is aimed at advanced videographers. I fully realize it will take years to master (if indeed i can), but for my hobbyist requirements it was fine and straightforward on my first attempt except I was chasing my tail looking for something that wasnt there and this is most likely of my doing. I just wish I'd know how I caused it and what to avoid in future.

On this important point, i'd appreciate peoples thoughts on how best to start on this road of managing files/projects etc and what systems people recommend to manage my PR projects without amassing huge folders of video clips or end result published films. If I understand it correctly PR simply accesses the images and video clips from a source on your computer (or external hard drive) much like lightroom does?  I have numerous large capacity hard drives that i use for my still images and would you recommend using one devoted to PR and at very least all my videos I created in case needed for future use? 

I really appreciate the help from those on this forum and appreciate you taking time out of your day to help a newbie. 

Regards

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines