• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Track Matte Key is Producing wrong shape

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lovely team.... someone help me please... I'm at a dead end...

Here's a video of my problem:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x5gutbzi6gqtmou/matte%20key%20producing%20weird%20results.mp4?dl=0

Basically, I'm creating a track matte key on a portrait photo which I want cropped to a black matte frame, but when I apply the key to the alpha of the matte it selects a completely different shape!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to the Premiere Pro forum from Community Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ged.... hopefully get a response soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have good news and band news. First the good news. Adobe is aware of the problem. Infact they have even replicated it. The Bad news? The are not going to fix it even though the track matte worked with PP CS 4.0 and PP CS 5.5. They told me it would be fixed in the next release back in 2014 but that was just a lie as you can tell for yourself. You might find the video link below  helpful.

https://youtu.be/LiXEhP8TH7c  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this instead -

Place the portrait still sized to fit full frame over the black color matte which should also be full frame.

Scale back the portrait to get  some room around the image.

Nest the two clips - the scaled portrait and the black color matte.

Now, working with the nest, scale position and crop to get the combined appearance you want.

I think the problem you are having using the track matte is the color matte is being scaled down by the scaling that is applied to the clip you are putting the track matte on.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks SO much Meg the Dog!

Gonna try this when I get a sec... can alrady tell it's gonna work. Still not quite understanding how it failed the first time... but I'm sure that'll make itself obvious as I start playing with this in its new 'nest'.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it you are looking for, something like this?

aviation-ana-b787-moving-RL.645.Still002.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I wanted to create a picture-in-picture frame which stayed still (black with a white stroke) and then multiple images (portrait and landscape etc) wiping in and out of the frame always constrained within it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines