My transition fades are splotchy/grainy.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I fade out from one clip and fade into another clip in Premiere CC the quality is not good. Is there a way to make these fade transitions less splotchy?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

My transition fades are splotchy/grainy.

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I fade out from one clip and fade into another clip in Premiere CC the quality is not good. Is there a way to make these fade transitions less splotchy?

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Are you seeing the issue after you've exported or just in playback in the timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RTX 3090 GPU, Intel I9 12 core CPU 96gb of 3000mhz ram.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was becasue I was using opacity node envelopes to fade instead of dissolve. I will try dissolve and see if the fades get better.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you didn't tell us which version of Premiere you're using....  and what do you mean by opacity node envelopes?  keyframing opacity in the effects controls or the timeline?  Works for me without issue...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0
Ann Bens LATEST
Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Composite in Linear Color in the sequence settings. See how that goes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 21, 2020 0