• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video's quality is dropping significantly when I render.

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 12.00.24.png

I created my snippets of animation in another software and exported it as 1920x1080 (top image) and spliced it together in Premiere Pro, but when I exported it after putting everything together, my quality had dropped a lot and the colour was manipulated. Can someone help? I've tried to change my render settings but nothing worked. I've spent a lot of time on this, and want to make another one, but I don't want it's quality to drop when I do.

TOPICS
Export , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Make your sequence 1920x1080 and then scale the photo to fit, you could try right clicking the photo on the timeline and selecting 'scale to frame size'

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post screenshots of your media properties, sequence settings, and export settings.

attachment.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 17.22.57.png

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 17.26.18.png

Screenshot 2020-10-12 at 17.32.05.png

As soon as I make the sequence 1920 x 1080 it crops my video.

(I used the Insert Photos function)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look how tiny your sequence is:

PhillipJoseph_0-1602518302368.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As soon as I scaled it up, the footage got cropped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, if you increase the size of the sequence that the media is in after you've scaled it down to fit, it's going to be scaled down. Personally, I wouldn't recommend using Scale to Frame Size, because you should just be able to reset the Scale property of your footage to get it to fit a sequence of the appropriate size, and with Scale to Frame Size you can actually risk negatively effecting your footage.

In the future, the best recommendation I can make is to start a sequence based on the properties of the source media. Here is one of several ways to do that:

New Item Gif.gif

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make your sequence 1920x1080 and then scale the photo to fit, you could try right clicking the photo on the timeline and selecting 'scale to frame size'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh thank you so much! It worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines