• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video will not stay centered, even when setting the anchor point.

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.33.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.33.56 PM.png

Trying to set the position and the anchor point in the control panel and my video is STILL moving. What is going on?

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell what's going on here from those screenshots.  Maybe you have some keyframes left over in effects that you missed?  Are you using any effects on the clip, like Crop or something like that?  In what way is the video moving?  A video of what's happening would be more helpful than those screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://video.getroionline.com/watch/sE4QWC5NPXjRFzquuPEJaY? 

There's a video. I'm simply trying to center my video. But when I move it to the center, it keeps' moving up, or down to the side and won't stay centered. Even when I reset the position and anchor point. For the life of me I can't figure out why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it is clear to me that the problem lies within the original video clip.  Try playing the original video clip in a normal video player like Quicktime and you'll see that the recorded video moves when it switches to the two-screen portion of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right.. well that part is fine. But even when I try to center the split screen, it won't stay centered.

Video Here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I just want to add one last thing. The split screen view, is filmed off of a desktop, so the camera is till. There's not movement during the zoom interview of the camera. So I don't udnerstand why that split screen view is still moving around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the video, the split screen view is centered in the recording.  Also in the video, the single screen is aligned to the center of the screen.  If you use the razor tool to cut the video just as the screens change, then you can align each screen however you want.  Treat each "scene change" (when the video changes from single to split screen) as its own clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The way that I can tell that the split screen part is moving within that video clip is by seeing the outline of the video clip.  The actual video clip doesn't move; the video call within that video clip is what's moving.  So to answer your initial concern - the video isn't moving around inside premiere.  It's moving around inside the video clip.  Again, please play the video clip in Quicktime or some other video player to see that the video feeds inside the video clip are moving around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm gonna give the razor tool a go. Thank you so so so incredibly much for you helping with me on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My pleasure!  I hope it goes well.  Let me know if you need anything else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines