Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My video will not stay centered.

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 6.50.21 PM.png

How do I get my video to stay centered? When I try to move it to the center, it continues to move. Please help!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure exactly what you mean but you probably want to change your viewer zoom level from 100% to 'Fit'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.13.09 PM.png

For example, even when I set the frame to "fit" and try to center the video, it resets it and puts the video back to the top of the frame instead of the middle where I need it to be. Does that make sense?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be that you're moving the anchor point ... which can get bizarre behavior. Leave it be.

Move by the X/Y coordinates of the Position options in the Motion effect at the top of the Effects Control Panel.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the effects control panel but I don't see that option. What am I missing?

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 7.21.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in the EFFECTS workspace. Switch to your EDITING workspace (It's under Windows>Workspaces pull down tabs)

Then you will need to open the EFFECTS CONTROL PANEL (Shift+5 should open it up).

The anchor point option the 3rd option down.

Make sure you have the clip selected.

Reset the anchor point by clicking the reset parameter under anchor point.

See if that fixes it. If not, grab a screen shot of your Effects Control Panel and post it.

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 9.44.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SO incredibly much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up. Even when I reset the anchor point in the controls panel, the frame still moves. Why does it keep doing this?

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.33.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.33.56 PM.png

  

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 7.33.32 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting both the anchor point again and the position attribute as well.  You can see the position attribute a couple of rows above the anchor point attribute that you tried resetting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, and the video will still move around. I don't know if I need to delete and re downlaod premiere.. not sure if I messed up a setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say that it moves around, do you mean that is moves around over time, as though there are keyframes telling it to move around?  Or does it just snap to a weird point and stay there?  Are you sure that it's not the original video clip that has movement in it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nevermind - see my comment in your other thread.  For anybody having a similar issue, here's the other thread I'm referring to: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/my-video-will-not-stay-centered-even-when-setting-the-an...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines