Neat Video always using 32-bit depth

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I’m using Neat Video Pro 5 for Premiere Pro, Mac version. Does anyone know if it’s actually possible to change the bitdepth at which Neat Video is set? Because, to me, no matter what project or sequence or clip I use it on, it always says “32 bits”.
On the Neat Video forums, I’ve read that they give full responsibility to Premiere, saying that NV merely adopts whatever bitdepth the host application gives it, but I see no way of changing bitdepth inside Premiere, besides the Sequence Settings’ adjustment “Maximum Bit Depth”, which I’ve tried to deselect, without seeing any change inside Neat Video.
The videos I’d like to edit are 16 bits.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Feb 07, 2021
R Neil Haugen Adobe Community Professional , Feb 07, 2021
32-bit float is the processing process math ... and yes, you really want the 32-bit processing for the vastly higher accuracy.   It does NOT mean the media is recorded in 32 bit-depth of course. That's a very different thing. It sets bit depth for encoding by the format/codec standards as chosen in the settings you used in the Export dialog.   Neil

Translate

Translate
Jump to answer Jump to answer
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

32-bit float is the processing process math ... and yes, you really want the 32-bit processing for the vastly higher accuracy.

It does NOT mean the media is recorded in 32 bit-depth of course. That's a very different thing. It sets bit depth for encoding by the format/codec standards as chosen in the settings you used in the Export dialog.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more