• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help syncing audio with two takes

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been trying to synch the audio to a clip that contatins two takes. I'm having to sync them manually, and believe I have the timing right based off of our slate. I seem to be able to get the first clip synched no problem, but as I let the rest of the clip play out for the second clip, the audio occurs earlier than the rest of the video. Is this just me not knowing how to manually sync? Is there anything I can do to get this right, I keep trying to do work on different timings as I do it manually but then everything is off instead of just the second take. Is it simply my terrible timing, or is there something I can do to improve?

I'm not sure if this would have anything to do with it, but most of my audio started only coming out of my left headphone, so I've had to extract channels to monofiles in Audition before exporting and going back to Premiere. The audio itself is about a minute while the video is 52 seconds. I've tried trimming up via time code as well but it seems I'm just stuck.

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes audio recorded separately can be slightly off in 'speed' from audio in the camera, and then you need to typically adjust the playback speed of the audio file so that it matches the video file. It takes a bit of futzing, but isn't that difficult. This might be the issue or at least get you going.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines