Highlighted

Need help with a green screen effect

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forums and new to video editing in general. I am working on an ambitious (for a beginner at least) passion project for my music and making a variety show to stream online. I wanted to ask for some help or advice with a green screen effect. I have some footage of a friend in a full, green bodysuit, except her head, and she is in front of a green screen. My idea is to have her body be a seperate video from the back ground. Is there any way to do this without having to trace a mask as she moves? I'm willing to try that but was hoping for a shortcut because that could take a long time with the amount of footage I'm using. Also, the bodysuit happens to be a different green than the green screen if that helps or is another issue. I've learned a little keying but I am unsure how to seperate the background from a moving object in the foreground. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help with a green screen effect

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey y'all, I'm new to the forums and new to video editing in general. I am working on an ambitious (for a beginner at least) passion project for my music and making a variety show to stream online. I wanted to ask for some help or advice with a green screen effect. I have some footage of a friend in a full, green bodysuit, except her head, and she is in front of a green screen. My idea is to have her body be a seperate video from the back ground. Is there any way to do this without having to trace a mask as she moves? I'm willing to try that but was hoping for a shortcut because that could take a long time with the amount of footage I'm using. Also, the bodysuit happens to be a different green than the green screen if that helps or is another issue. I've learned a little keying but I am unsure how to seperate the background from a moving object in the foreground. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing, Effects and Titles, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're trying to keep her green bodysuit while keying out the greenscreen?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be trying to key her suit while keying the background seperately. I'd like to attempt to make her body a field of stars while the background will be a still image if that helps visualize it better 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to do what it sounds like you're trying to do, then your only hope is that your background key is clean enough and that the green of the bodysuit is different enough from the background, otherwise you'll be rotoscoping them out (and you'll quickly learn why people like to shoot green screen. Rotoscoping is long and tedious work. If you decide to go that way, you'll be better off doing it in After Effects. You can try the recent Rotobrush 2.0 and maybe that'll work well.)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! So, I believe the suit is different enough. I've been experimenting with it and the suit still shows up unless I add another key. I explained my idea a little clearer in the response above. Also, I'm not hugely concerned with things being "clean" since this is really my first work and it has a sort of "public access" vibe 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 14, 2020 0