• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with footage becoming distorted in Premiere

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently experiencing this issue where mp4 footage that I import into premiere is being distorted in playback, even if I render the timeline. This is footage recorded with quicktime screenrecorder then converted from .mov to .mp4. I do this all the time and have never experienced this before. The main problem is it also shows up after I export the footage. I'm not sure where to even begin with trouble shooting this. I would really appreciate some help with this.

I’m on a 2018 MacBook Pro on Premiere Pro 2021

Here's what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/Gcah7jj

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like something went wrong in the conversion, did you try importing the MOV directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unknow files.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a wonky H.264 or H.265 file. Can you give us more detailed specs on the mp4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh man, I've had the exact same (or at least very similar) distortion issues when working with files that have been touched by Quicktime. Typically this is iPhone footage that has been trimmed on someone's laptop.

Anyway, there's likely a better fix out there, but what I've been doing is transcoding (or compressing) with Handbrake before importing into Premiere.

I use Handbrake because Media Encoder generates files with the same distortion. Just be sure to set your framerate to CONSTANT instead of PEAK. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines