• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to constantly clear cache

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless I manually delete the cache prior to opening a project,  Premiere will freeze about 80% of the time in the project loading screen.  This holds true if I have restarted the software, open an additional project or close a project and then open another.   I've done all the normal steps of removing plugins, resetting prefs, and reinstalling CC apps.  Nothing really seems to affect the propensity to crash unless the cache is manually deleted.   And it truly is crashing, not just bogged down with tasks.  I've left the computer and come back the next day to find the beach ball still spinning.   The cache is on a drive with tons of spare space.  The boot drive and media drive each has tons of space.  I've also tried running software only and metal.  Neither mode seems to help.  This happens on all projects.  Both those created on older versions and those created on the newest version of Premiere.  This is not a new issue to 15.2.  It has been around at least since the launch of 2021. 

Premiere 15.2
OS 11.4

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 25 MB

Memory: 128 GB

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi brian.atomicpix,

We're sorry about this. Please check if any crash log is generated on the system. If you find the logs, share a download link for the log files. It will help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines