Nested Sequence causing timeline glitch

Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I add a multiple clips to a nested sequence by selecting all the clips, right clicking , and selecting 'Nest..', the resulting nested clip will not show a dragging preview like all other clips and objects on the timeline.  Basically this makes it impossible to move around and cut any sequence with a nested clip because I am just guessing where the clip is going to go when I move it.  In the second image I am screenshotting moving the clip up 1 level like the un-nested clips but in this case I don't get the preview so I have no idea where it's going to land.  This is super frustrating.....

I've uninstalled multiple times, I've deleted preferences, I'm on the latest graphics drivers....  The behavior is the same.

Screenshot 2021-05-26 083641.pngScreenshot 2021-05-26 083819.png

TOPICS
Error or problem, Freeze or hang, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nested audio can cause issues.

Open nest, copy audio and use that as replacement for the audio nest in the main sequence.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

I love how there's like 20-30 different things that 'can cause problems' that users know how to work around but adobe doesn't just fix.  Indeed excluding the audio from the nested sequence avoids the issue I am having though it's not a fix.  What is causing this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to post that here where the Adobe engineers read all threads:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This nested audio is most likely a bug but hey its a workaround and will get the job done until a fix will come along.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines