Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

nested sequence

Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello i am working on my main poroject, sequence A

i have created another small sequence,(sequence B)  which i want to inset in my main project

I remember i used just to drag the seuqnece name from the project browser and a unique clip would insert in the main sequence.I don t know why if i do that i just insert pieces of clip just like in the sequence b. So i want the sequence B to appear as a unique clip in sequence A, and have the possibility that if i edit the sequence b, the change will result in the sequence b whic is in the sequence a How shall i do that?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on this button (turn it blue):

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 8.12.09 AM.png

It toggles whether a sequence edited to the timeline appears as a nest or individual clips.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

don t understand

i have gotne through but don t understand how it goes

i went to sequence B and right click, then choose NEST sequence

So  it creates a new sequence callewd NESTED SEQUENCE

Them i can drag this sequence into the main SEQUENCE A and it is ok, a unique block

But if i click on that button nothing happen

But i canstill go to the nested sequence,modify and have the change reflected also in the main sequence's nested sequence

But that button seems to do not have effect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Once you toggle on or off that button, the next time you drag in a sequence, it will have either (depending if you have it toggled on or toggled off) have the sequence being dragged in appear as a nest, or have the sequence being dragged in appear as individual clips.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines