• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nested sequences and multi camera view in Prem Pro 14.5

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the latest version of Premiere Pro. I am creting nested sequences an enabling multi camera view to quickly move between the multiple camera sources. Hoping someone can explain why I am getting the following behaviour...

1) When I double click on the nested sequnce on the timeline, it does not expand to show its indivudal video sequences (double clicking on the nested sequence does not appear to do anything). Why is this?

2) I can only switch between the video sources when playing the nested sequence on the timeline. Is there a way of doing this without having to dynaically make the switch as the footage is playing? I would like to be able to switch between the nested multicam sources by clicking on them in edit mode rather than whilst playing it back?

3) When I switch between the video sources in the nested sequence during playback, the cuts are only made once the nested sequence has finished playing, rather than (as I am sure happened in prev versions) as I switch the footage. Is there a setting to make the cuts in the nested sequence as I switch?

4) When playing back an edited nested sequence which I have already updated, if I replay the footage to add in extra source cuts, the existng cuts ahead of the modified cuts are all cleared. Is there a way of adding/inserting new cuts without clearing the existing ones?

Grateful for any help on these.

Many thanks - Ian

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

You sound like you moved to Premiere from Avid Media Composer.

Unfortunately, viewing the content of a nested clip in the same timeline window is not an aption in Premiere.

What you can do though, is stack the timeline windows on top of each other so you can view the nest all times. It's not ideal but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) ctrl+double click should open the nested sequence in a new timeline window.

2) I'm guessing you're talking about the multicam window. ctrl+click on the cam you want, it will "cut" to it, clicking while paused will only switch the cam without cutting.

3) I don't believe there is, it's how it is. I'm actually used to it and it doesn't annoy me.

4) I'm sorry I didn't really understand what you meant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sami Succar thanks for the reply, just to clarify...

1) Double clicking a nested sequence should EXPAND the nest and show the sequences which it comprises of. I do not want to open the nested sequence in a new window, just want to toggle between seeing the nest and the underlying sequnces on the timeline view.

Thanks again

Ian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You sound like you moved to Premiere from Avid Media Composer.

Unfortunately, viewing the content of a nested clip in the same timeline window is not an aption in Premiere.

What you can do though, is stack the timeline windows on top of each other so you can view the nest all times. It's not ideal but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines