I am using the latest version of Premiere Pro. I am creting nested sequences an enabling multi camera view to quickly move between the multiple camera sources. Hoping someone can explain why I am getting the following behaviour...
1) When I double click on the nested sequnce on the timeline, it does not expand to show its indivudal video sequences (double clicking on the nested sequence does not appear to do anything). Why is this?
2) I can only switch between the video sources when playing the nested sequence on the timeline. Is there a way of doing this without having to dynaically make the switch as the footage is playing? I would like to be able to switch between the nested multicam sources by clicking on them in edit mode rather than whilst playing it back?
3) When I switch between the video sources in the nested sequence during playback, the cuts are only made once the nested sequence has finished playing, rather than (as I am sure happened in prev versions) as I switch the footage. Is there a setting to make the cuts in the nested sequence as I switch?
4) When playing back an edited nested sequence which I have already updated, if I replay the footage to add in extra source cuts, the existng cuts ahead of the modified cuts are all cleared. Is there a way of adding/inserting new cuts without clearing the existing ones?
You sound like you moved to Premiere from Avid Media Composer.Unfortunately, viewing the content of a nested clip in the same timeline window is not an aption in Premiere.What you can do though, is stack the timeline windows on top of each other so you can view the nest all times. It's not ideal but it works.
1) Double clicking a nested sequence should EXPAND the nest and show the sequences which it comprises of. I do not want to open the nested sequence in a new window, just want to toggle between seeing the nest and the underlying sequnces on the timeline view.