Highlighted

Nested Sequences Showing Wrong Footage (14.1 - Solved)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to try my best to explain my specific problem, it was a very weird one, because the solution I used to solve it might help someone else who goes searching as I did.

Issue:

I have a timeline made up of nested sequences ordered as Title Clip # - Product Clip # - Title Clip # - Product Clip # etc.

I duplicated one of the Product Clip nested sequences in order to keep the same Motion and Effects, I renamed it to Logo Clip, put it at the end of my timeline, and then opened the nest and swapped the Product footage used in that nested sequence to our company's logo instead.
But now, for some reason, when I return to the Master timeline containing all the nested sequences. The last and second last Product Clip #'s have changed to show the logo too instead of the product footage they're supposed to show? If I go into those individual Product Clip # nested sequences there's no logo there and the correct product footage is used. But on the Master Timeline, it's displaying the logo instead of the footage?
It gets weirder. If I go into one of those nested sequences and Toggle Track Output on the top layer with the Product Footage on, it disappears as it should when viewed in the Master Timeline, but the logo comes back if I make that top layer visible again. Furthermore, if I make the bottom layer in the nested sequence invisible (which is the background), the logo disappears and the correct footage is shown! Albeit without the now hidden background layer. If I restore the background layer, the logo comes back!

If I delete and re-add the problematic nested sequence to the Master Timeline, the logo issue remains.

If I delete the logo file from Premiere's project window altogether, the logo remains shown when I play the Master Timeline!

Solution:

I reasoned this must be some kind of rendering or display bug within Premiere.

I noticed that opening up an old Auto-Save didn't display this same issue.
I also found that Deleting the Media Cache solved this issue as well, so I didn't have to revert to an older save.
I can only assume it was a strange kind of bug to do with nests?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Nested Sequences Showing Wrong Footage (14.1 - Solved)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going to try my best to explain my specific problem, it was a very weird one, because the solution I used to solve it might help someone else who goes searching as I did.

Issue:

I have a timeline made up of nested sequences ordered as Title Clip # - Product Clip # - Title Clip # - Product Clip # etc.

I duplicated one of the Product Clip nested sequences in order to keep the same Motion and Effects, I renamed it to Logo Clip, put it at the end of my timeline, and then opened the nest and swapped the Product footage used in that nested sequence to our company's logo instead.
But now, for some reason, when I return to the Master timeline containing all the nested sequences. The last and second last Product Clip #'s have changed to show the logo too instead of the product footage they're supposed to show? If I go into those individual Product Clip # nested sequences there's no logo there and the correct product footage is used. But on the Master Timeline, it's displaying the logo instead of the footage?
It gets weirder. If I go into one of those nested sequences and Toggle Track Output on the top layer with the Product Footage on, it disappears as it should when viewed in the Master Timeline, but the logo comes back if I make that top layer visible again. Furthermore, if I make the bottom layer in the nested sequence invisible (which is the background), the logo disappears and the correct footage is shown! Albeit without the now hidden background layer. If I restore the background layer, the logo comes back!

If I delete and re-add the problematic nested sequence to the Master Timeline, the logo issue remains.

If I delete the logo file from Premiere's project window altogether, the logo remains shown when I play the Master Timeline!

Solution:

I reasoned this must be some kind of rendering or display bug within Premiere.

I noticed that opening up an old Auto-Save didn't display this same issue.
I also found that Deleting the Media Cache solved this issue as well, so I didn't have to revert to an older save.
I can only assume it was a strange kind of bug to do with nests?

TOPICS
Error or problem, How to, User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same issue on Version 14.4.0 and it's driving me mad! I have a nested sequence which itself contains 4 nested sequences, each containing different clips (although they're from the same source file, but different points of it). The master sequence is showing the wrong contents but if I toggle display of that video track off/on then it reverts to showing the right one! Sadly it soon switches back, and exported files show the wrong one, too. This is repeated throughout the project in many places. Deleting all the media cache and render files isn't helping 😞

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you duplicate a nest and change the contents, I think Premiere will change the contents of all the nests.  I'm not on my edit system at the moment, but I seem to remember there's a workaround to this behavior.  Maybe duplicating the nest in the project rather than in the timeline?  If I remember, I'll check when I get on my system.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0