• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captions appear twice, can't remove one copy even after deleting Caption track.

Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone encountered this?

CaptionsDuplicate.png

If I create captions with the new captions workflow, then I export an SRT, close my project and re-open it, I now have a second set of captions that are burned into the sequence. Even deleting the caption track doesn't get rid of it. I also tried deleting the SRT file from the hard drive.

CaptionsDuplicateGiF.gif

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought at first it was a Mac bug (I can't repro it on my Win 10 PC), but it  has also been reported by a Win 10 user. The "duplicate" is not burned in; you can't get rid of it.

Here's a bug report to upvote:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42914085-closed-captions-in...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Stan. This is on Windows 10. I will give that an upvote, thanks for the link.

I still need to try a prefs reset and reinstall to see if that helps. Been a bit too crunched the last few days, but I'll update if that helps out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an update here: I was between projects so I did a prefs reset and so far that seems like it resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought one or more users tried that, but always a good step. I hope it sticks!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the long wait, but we believe that we have addressed this issue in Premiere Pro 22.2 Beta build 029 (posted to Creative Cloud on Dec. 7, 2021). Please let us know your results.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines