• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captions Workflow Bug

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just used the new captions workflow for the first time. I was working with 708 Service 1. The captions exported fine. However, AFTER exporting my .mp4 and the .SRT file, I got a duplicate caption overlay showing up in my Program Monitor.

Captions_1.png

The duplicate does NOT display upon subsequent exports in the final product, so it's not a critical issue. But it is a bit of a paint point when I'm still editing. If I toggle the CC track visibility off, the duplicate overlay still remains.Captions_2.png

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI - I've also included this feedback in a UserVoice thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting and upvoting that bug report. 

So far, I have been unable to replicate this. At first I thought it was Mac only, but it is also reported by some windows users. What OS for you?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Win10 Pro.

I have a video I'll be editing in the next few days that will give me a chance to test this again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we've been having that exact same problem in my office. Afaik, we are all running Premiere 15.0.0 on macOS Big Slur 11.2.3 and have all been experiencing this same issue. 

As M1Storyteller mentioned, the "old" caption track always shows no matter what, and the main active one disappears/reappears when toggling it on/off, as it should. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.22.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.22.29 AM.png

The problem happens as soon as a sequence with captions is duplicated.

For example,  here I created a fresh sequence and pasted my timeline/captions. The captions shows up correctly.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.29.17 AM.png

However, when I duplicate this sequence, the problem comes back.

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.29.17 AM.png

And the incorrect caption is 1) opaque & on top of the one I want to see and 2) doesn't change when editing the active caption track....

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.31.59 AM.png

....unless I restart Premiere!

In which case it still shows up when it's not supposed to (or is it? I genuinely don't know at this point)

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.34.32 AM.png

Personally I duplicate sequences quite often and this has been hindering my workflow a bit, so I'd like to see if anything can be done to fix it.

I hope this was clear enough! 

Thomas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upon restarting Premiere, the sequence whose caption was working properly now has the problem. So it seems like duplication is not the only cause. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.47.04 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thomas,

So far, I have been unable to create this problem. Win 10, PR 15.1.

I tested the duplication theory, and can't get it to show the problem. I created a simple, one video sequence and added a 708 caption stream. I duplicated it by a) selecting the sequence in the Project Panel and Right click -> Duplicate and b) creating a new sequence from the same video, deleting the video, going to the original sequence (original caption track) and drag selecting the whole sequence (video and captions) and pasting in the new, empty sequence.

I turned visibility of the various caption tracks on/off, opened and closed just the project and then PR itself. I cannot get the problem to appear.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines