• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Captions Workflow + Keyboard Shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had a very, very frustrating experience this afternoon with the new captions system. Before, I could load up the caption window, type away, format and insert - fine.

But after the update to 2021, trying to enter text into the "text" window, and trying to type "A" was triggering keyboard shortcuts I'd set up to suite my style of editing. In order to get it to work, I had to revert to the default Premiere shortcuts - why?! Would appreciate if someone could look into and fix.

TOPICS
Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone enlighten me as to why editing the caption text in the "text" window is no longer a viable option? Instead of it wanting to type letters, it triggers my editing shortcuts and means I can't get the text I want on screen without visually editing it in the Program Window, which is a massive step backwards from the old system... (and why on earth have all the support options been removed from the website?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text editing in the Text Panel works fine for me in Win10. At least one other user is having what I'm guessing is your issue, but I can't find the post. If they tried to type the letter "s," it would jump to the next caption - or something like that. I think it is a bug.

But I don't see a bug filed:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

For now, just edit in the Program Monitor.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I found what was causing it - unless you're using the default Premiere shortcuts, using any assigned letter will trigger the shortcut associated. I've got an Avid-esque layout set up, so "A" and "S" jumped to the previous or next caption depending on which was needed.

The issue with using the monitor to edit is it has to be visible on the screen to edit it, which is just so counter-intuitive if I have a lot of captions to check / amend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. Thanks for reporting this. I'll bet that is what caused it for the other user.

The other request being made is for timecode editing in the Text Panel.

Here's the link to upvote.

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42918591-editing-caption-ti...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My colleague Summet noticed that one too, Stan. Good call. Upvoted.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also upvoted the timecode adjustment proposal. 👍

Thanks,

Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No trouble - like to do what I can! I did post it on the bugs page myself too:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/43005807-please-allow-for-e... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upvoted the shortcut issue.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines