• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Closed Captions feature - driving me nuts

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! I'm in the process of adding captions to an hour-long video, and I do appreciate some of the new features of Premiere Pro CC's closed captions. However, the new method is proving to be quite frustrating: the Text panel for captions is a bit buggy, with the biggest thing driving me nuts being how it scrolls to the top after every single thing I do. Every time I add a new caption and press play to move onto the next sentence, the panel scrolls alllll the way back to the top, making the work of adding text twice as tedious.

Does anyone know of a way to stop the Text panel from scrolling to the top whenever you click out of the panel? Or a shortcut to scroll to the bottom? The other bugs I can deal with for now (like the fact that sometimes you have to click outside of the panel in order to click back in and be able to right-click or double-click to edit text). Thanks in advance for any help!

TOPICS
How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this thread that addresses this problem. Note the keyboard commands that can make this easier.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/captions-window-needs-to-be-scrolled-down-for-every-sing...

Also, upvote this bug report:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/42911046-fix-that-the-new-c...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh you're my hero, thank you! It's nice to know that others are dealing with the same thing. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines