• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Command Line Tool for PPro extension installation, replaces ExManCmd

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heads up, everyone! Changes to installation are coming. 

https://medium.com/adobetech/new-command-line-tool-for-plugin-installation-replaces-exmancmd-c38b4bf...

Please reach out to Erin with any questions.

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

There is a simple ZXP uninstaller; it's ExManCmd, which is what ZXPInstaller is built around. 🙂

I believe ZXPInstaller can also be used to remove extensions.

The extensions directory is Adobe-wide (not specific to PPro) and hasn't changed in many years. I'm glad re-installing the extension worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have a Transitions Pack on Premiere Pro that was installed with ZXP installer and appears as an extension. It was working 2 months ago. - Now it doesn't.

First question which I have not seen a plain english answer to - How do I remove a ZXP installed Extension?. This is so I can try re-installing it

Lts of people talk about different directoris where they reside but in latest 15.2 I can't find anything.

Why can't someone give a simple answer to this question?.

I looked at the original files I purchased but there is no uninstaller

Secondly - would this latest Creative Cloud Update have upset previosuly installed Extensions ?.

You say reach out to Erin - How ?. Please enlighten me.

My Creative Cloud is on 5.5.0.617

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so after digging in Windows Explorer for a while, I finally found the Extensions folder hidden in the depths of the Program Files (x86) folder

Common Files/Adobe/CEP/Extensions

Just deleted the Extension in question and re-installed using the ZXP installer.

Seemd to fix it, so somewhere along the line this has been corrupted in the last couple of months.

Why this is so hard to find is beyond me - and why isn't there a simple ZXP Uninstaller ?.

If there is one please can someone let us know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a simple ZXP uninstaller; it's ExManCmd, which is what ZXPInstaller is built around. 🙂

I believe ZXPInstaller can also be used to remove extensions.

The extensions directory is Adobe-wide (not specific to PPro) and hasn't changed in many years. I'm glad re-installing the extension worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ZXP installer does have a simple uninstall for extensions; load the ZXP application; and select the adobe product where the extension was installed, it will list what's installed and you click on the one you want to uninstall or update.  Screen Shots below;  You can also update ZXP installer from the menu system.

Load Screen:

FlyingFourFun_1-1639626682710.png

Click on the installed extension you want to manage and you will see the uninstall, and I believe it tells you if an upgrade is available here also for the extension.

FlyingFourFun_0-1639626649423.png

You can update ZXP itself from the file menu:

FlyingFourFun_2-1639626782201.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines