New DJI Air2S footage exports as still images only...

Contributor ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just got the latest DJI Air 2S drone and shot some footage with it yesterday.  The video is 5472x3078 4:2:0 10-bit footage in a HEVC (H.265) codec at 23.98 fps.  I brought it into Premiere, let the footage create a Sequence, then changed the Resolution to 3840x2160.  Did a quick 1 minute edit of the footage, including reframing the shots using the extra resolution or scaling the footage down to fit the Sequence.  I rendered the footage in the timeline and it played back fine (surprisingly well for H.265 actually).  

Then the trouble.  I first exported it as a lower Bitrate 1080p (h.264) video to just upload onto Social Media.  That resulted in a series of static images.  So I tried again using the 4K YouTube (h.264) preset of Premiere, and same thing.  It has my cuts where they should be, as well as the reposition / scale changes, but everything is just a series of still images.  Namely the first frame of each video clip is just statically sitting there all pretty like, until the cut and then it is the next clip's first frame.

Anyone experience this before? This is a new one on me.  Exports went smoothly both times but clearly something is way off.

TOPICS
Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcode footage to a more edit friendly format such as Prores or Cineform before brining it into Premiere.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still issue with 15.1 Premiere. Just downgrade to 15.0 and everyting will be ok. Adobe in each new update manage to break something...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue. I also have the latest DJI Air 2S drone but I'm using 4K 30fps. When I tried exporting then playing it back, it appears to be static images when it's just very very jumpy video. What gives? Didn't have this issue earlier that I recall. 

Also how do I export this project so that I can open it in the previous version 202 if the new 2021 is broken? I'm truly disappointed I can't export in the right format and quality like before.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines