• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New install of PP on new computer, Video will not play (UPX log attached)

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed PP on my new computer. I'm running Win10 Pro(latest build) on a Threadripper 3990x with 256gb Ram, Nvidia 1080GTX TI(11gb) with the latest studio drivers, PreSonus Studio 24c(sound). 

I have pulled proj. folders and files from my previous system onto this new computer and when I launch PP it looks ok and the video shot shows in the project window, but when I hit the space bar nothing happens. When I scrub I can see the frames change in the project window, but I don't hear any sound even though I have audio scrub turned on. I've also created new projects with only one short video that I know works and it will do the same thing

What I've tried: Rebooted(over and over),Resetting Pref's and Plug-ins, Deleted media cache, Video I'm using works fine in other apps. Single Monitor, Latest studio video drivers, Changed audio hardware settings, Changed video render settings, Uninstalled and reinstalled, Uninstalled and reinstalled an older version. I've also noticed that when I close out of PP it still stays running in the background and I have to use Task Manager to get it to completely shut down. 

I've tried everything I could find on this site to TS the issue and its still not working. Not sure why After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator all work fine. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated. I NEED PP to work to wrap up the project I'm currently working on. HELP!!

Thanks,

Rick 

I'm not sure if it will help but I've attacted the UPX logs 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm using the same drives that I had on my previous computer. I had swapped out all the drives and mapped them to be the same drive letters.

I did find the issue and the solution. I set my "Default Input" to "No Input" and now I have sound. Not sure why PP doesn't like using the PreSonus as an input device, but I use Audition for that part anyway. 🙂

Time to get back to work.

Rick   

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Project Manager to transfer from the old system? File/Project Manager/create a folder then transfer the folder to the new system? If not, I would recommend trying that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply. 

I'm using the same drives that I had on my previous computer. I had swapped out all the drives and mapped them to be the same drive letters.

I did find the issue and the solution. I set my "Default Input" to "No Input" and now I have sound. Not sure why PP doesn't like using the PreSonus as an input device, but I use Audition for that part anyway. 🙂

Time to get back to work.

Rick   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines