• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Premiere Pro v. 14.0 - Where Are Video Transitions?

Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new version of Premiere Pro seems to be missing Video Transitions and also, I cannot even find the "Effects" menu but only a "Effects Controls" which has nothing in it - no Video Transitions like previous versions of Premiere Pro, What has happened? I simply want to make a 'Dip To Black' at the start and end of a sequence but am lost at this point. Are all of the old controls gone? How do I do simple transitios like dip to black and dissolves between clips and fade to black at the end? I have studied Premiere Pro for years but am completely lost with this new version. Please help me find or do the old menus even exist any more?

TIA,

Ken

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Your effects panel is at the top right corner of your screen, and video transitions are there. You should apply the transition from that panel and then edit it's settings in the effect controls panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

but my question is 'where are effects and transitions' which used to be readily available in Premiere Pro but seem to be missing now'. 

They are in front of you, in the Effects panel. 🙂

Eff.PNG

Video: Intro to Adobe Premiere Pro CC - 03 Customizing Your Workspace, Docking, Undocking and Grouping

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Premiere is acting weird:

FAQ: How to reset (trash) preferences.

If that does not work

Reset Workspace.

BTW the newest version is not a version, nor is 14.0.

Please post exact version and build found under Help > About Premiere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ann, Thanks for responding, first, on the opening splash screen I've attached here shows a letter 'v' and number 14.0 led me to believe the letter 'v' stood for version but must be something else.. the complete build and version are at the top of the screen shot. That is the first screen shot here:

The second screen shot is Premiere Pro with a project open and nothing selected in the timeline...

The third screen shot is Premiere Pro with a clip selected in the timeline... the resulting 'Effects Controls' is my area of question... what has happend to 'Transitions' under effects?

There does not seem to be any strange behavior but my question is 'where are effects and transitions' which used to be readily available in Premiere Pro but seem to be missing now'. 

Would appreciate help in learning how to find 'transitions' if they are indeed still a part of Premiere Pro, or to learn how to do the things I've eluded to in my original post regarding applying transitions of 'dip to black' and also 'dissolves' between clips.

TIA,

Ken
Premiere Pro splash screenPremiere Pro splash screenPremiere Pro without anything selected in timelinePremiere Pro without anything selected in timelinePremiere Pro with clip selected in timelinePremiere Pro with clip selected in timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your effects panel is at the top right corner of your screen, and video transitions are there. You should apply the transition from that panel and then edit it's settings in the effect controls panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but my question is 'where are effects and transitions' which used to be readily available in Premiere Pro but seem to be missing now'. 

They are in front of you, in the Effects panel. 🙂

Eff.PNG

Video: Intro to Adobe Premiere Pro CC - 03 Customizing Your Workspace, Docking, Undocking and Grouping

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You Ali_Jaber for complete revelation to me... Last I remember, the transitions were off to the left, now they are off to the right and I missed them completely because I wasn't even looking there (obviously) You deserve warm thanks and appreciation as you have saved the day for me and now I can get back to work.

Thanks A Million!

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Ken, I have been using Premier Pro Elements. Just upgrage to Pro (regular? It is a subscription service). I am having the same problem as you. Can't find transitions) I look in the upper right hand corner and I see "Essencials". But in there it is so confusing. I click on effect where it should be and the screen goes back to my editing page. Frustrating. I guess I need to take tutorials on this. Or maybe go back to Final Cut? (I have both).

Thanks,

Jerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines