• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Premiere PRO V 15.0 keeps crashing on a brand new top spec gaming laptop

Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just bought an ASUS ROG DUO, 32gb ram, 8gb rtx 2070 super graphics, i7 tenth gen processor, and installed the latest recommend nvidia driver so that it works with premiere. 

It works fine and then a few minutes into editing it has a major crash and my whole computer stops working for a while even the windows OS.. 

ANY ideas 😞 

Thanks

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try changing the Nnvenc and Quick Sync settings as seen in the video below. Sometimes the Nvida drivers have issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L-erwmRxAU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Andy, 

I watched the video but still unsure what to do. The sequence is mainly made up of braw 4k files but in a 1080 timeline. Its seems to do fine editing and then ten minutes in, the display screen that usually has the image for the timeline goes black and the system crashes. It then also stops my windows OS working for a bit too. It's a brand new laptop that cost 3 grand 🤷‍:male_sign:😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it do the same thing with other codecs or just BRAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didnt get chance to test it enough but braw seemed to be the biggest issue, but then I also tested the braw clips in davinci resolve and they crashed in that too! Sent the laptop back, 3 grand I'll spend somewhere else! (Not asus) 

Thanks to everyone for their input 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you add a crash log or dump it will help support/engineering get you sorted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The engineers don't log on here for crash logs, and I'm not sure how helpful those long arse 'dump' files are anyways. I always ignore any posts with them when they weren't asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are super helpful and I used to pull crash logs from the forums all the time. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep crashing too.  So i went to creative cloud, tried to update, but the update failed.  cannot update to 14.9 or to 15.0. Help!!1

System crashed about 5 minutes into editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines