New sequence from preset on multicam always pans mono tracks

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use 'New sequence from preset' on a multi-camera clip, the sequence is consistently created with all audio channels panned left. I noticed this a while back but never investigated, figuring I'd misconfigured audio somehow.

I've since tested a bit - turns out if I first create a sequence (cmd-n) and drop the multi-cam clip in, the audio is properly center-panned. This is the case for either keeping the existing sequence settings or letting Premiere adjust the settings to match the clip when I drop it in.

Any ideas? It seems whatever is happening in that 'new sequence from preset' code is the culprit?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

New sequence from preset on multicam always pans mono tracks

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use 'New sequence from preset' on a multi-camera clip, the sequence is consistently created with all audio channels panned left. I noticed this a while back but never investigated, figuring I'd misconfigured audio somehow.

I've since tested a bit - turns out if I first create a sequence (cmd-n) and drop the multi-cam clip in, the audio is properly center-panned. This is the case for either keeping the existing sequence settings or letting Premiere adjust the settings to match the clip when I drop it in.

Any ideas? It seems whatever is happening in that 'new sequence from preset' code is the culprit?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 05, 2020 0

Have something to add?