New to Premiere Pro - Issues with Key Frames

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had a question about motion graphics. I'm trying to make a fadeaway key-frame effect, with the yellow box expanding and then the text disappearing as the box shrinks to the left. However, when I add a new keyframe it keeps altering the previous curve, leading it to somewhat expand and shrink incorrectly. I've attached the two videos (before and after), and I've attached the curves for each one. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

TOPICS
Effects and Titles, Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached Imgur link to make it easier to view videos & photos: 

https://imgur.com/a/mcM6JZS

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenshot.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before.pngAfter.pngBefore.gifAfter.gif

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you touched the Anchor point? That can be a touchy thing.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll double check that. I did move the anchor point to the very left of the object so the scaling would open up from there 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you've moved an anchor point, the animation of position and scaling can do really odd and bizarre behavior. So if I recall, you need to change the anchor point prior to animation, and pretty much it's safer to leave it there after starting animation.

I'd have to go play with that to remember exactly which way it works. We had a LONG thread on this a while back, and an engineer even jumped in. And after going through a few things with us, did also agree that it was rather difficult and unexpected in operation. Though he had found the original reason it behaved oddly.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines