• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New update (14.5.0) causing audio glitches

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the new Premiere version 14.5.0 just now and found that whenever my audio contained effects (which many clips do, mainly essential sound presets) and there was an audio transition connecting two clips, the transition was immediately followed by an ugly distortion in the sound. I tried rendering the audio and I tried updating my sound drivers but the problem persisted. When I export the segment in question the problem is not present in the file, so I believe this is something in the way the new update processes audio. When I take off the transition and/or the essential sound effects, the problem goes away. But I need those effects AND transitions throughout this 90 minute documentary I have been working on for 2 years!

I rolled back to 14.4.0 and the problem went away. However I'm concerned moving forward that this problem won't be addressed in future updates.

Thanks a lot in advance for your expertise and help!

-Patrick

Specs:

Windows 10 x64

Intel i9-9900 overclocked to 5.0ghz

Nvidia RTX 2080

64gb RAM

using onboard Realtek audio

All footage stored on a Samsung 4tb SSD

The audio files are primarily Waveform files

The video files are .mov

TOPICS
Audio , Effects and Titles , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with this, please go post on their UserVoice website, preferably searching for this problem first. Upvote any filing you see, then come back here and post a link, so others with the problem can go to the UserVoice site.

This forum is user-to-user peer support, and if someone has an idea how to fix what ails your systems, they'll probably post a reply.

But this is the sort of thing that is good to get directly to the engineers, and that UserVoice site is the direct portal to the engineering team.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, and I'm on a Mac. I'll follow the advice of Neil on this, but curious if its being addressed too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/41697469-audio-cross-dissol... Found that this is known and being corrected, and either upgrading to Beta or clicking on Legacy option under Audio preferences works as temporary solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines