Highlighted

Newbie's Storage and Pad Questions

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m down to the minutiae in configuring my rig.

First, my current configuration includes 1 TB M.2 PCle NVME SSD + 2 TB SATA 7200RPM HDD for storage. I can go with 2TB of SSD. Would that be useful, or a total waste of money?

Second, for video editing, do I need a high dpi mouse pad or a low dpi one?

Thank you very much!

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Newbie's Storage and Pad Questions

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m down to the minutiae in configuring my rig.

First, my current configuration includes 1 TB M.2 PCle NVME SSD + 2 TB SATA 7200RPM HDD for storage. I can go with 2TB of SSD. Would that be useful, or a total waste of money?

Second, for video editing, do I need a high dpi mouse pad or a low dpi one?

Thank you very much!

Topics

Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, this is not my area of expertise, but that's never stopped me before.  I think the issue with SSD vs HDD for media storage has to do with what kind of sources you'll be working with and how complicated do you think your sequences will be.  For example, if you're going to be working with  a 4K multicamera shoot, an SSD would be advisable.  HDD's are incredibly cheap so they're very useful as backup for the SSD.  And proxy workflow will allow you greatly reduce your drive overhead, so that's another way of looking at it.  And don't think a high dpi mouse will make a difference, bwdik.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 10, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! This was helpful.

--
David Berkedal, Pastor

[Personal information removed by moderator.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 11, 2020 0