Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newby question on frame rates and sample rates

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Premiere Pro for a couple of years now but have only just tried to use multiple cameras.

As I didn't think to set the cameras to the same settings before filming I've got the following...

- GoPro footage at 25fps with audio at 48k

- iPhone footage at 29.97fps with audio at 44.1k

How do I go about adjust one or both to work together? ...I've tried setting the iPhone fottage to 25fps via Modify/Interpret Image but once it's processed it seems to be way longer than the GoPro footage.

I'd like to get the audio in sync so I can line up the footage accurately (although I will be importing separate audio from a portable recording device).

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Darren

TOPICS
Formats , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This project is going to be a challenge.

If the iphone has variable framerate you need to convert to constant framerate before bringing it into Premiere, otherwise you will never get the audio correct. Might sound correct on the timeline but once exported its most likely out of sync.

You cannot transcode with AME as it selects the wrong framerate.

You will have to use something like Handbrake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann!

I'm running the iPhone footage through Handbrake.

It looks like the iPhone and the GoPro can't be set to common frame rates ...which is odd.

The iPhone will only do 30 or 60 and the GoPro will only do 24, 25, 48, 50, and 90.

I'm surprised I can't find any other threads on this as I'd imagine a lot of people with a GoPro have an iPhoneand would want to do multi-camera videos.

...or is it that this really isn't much of a problem and I'm just at the bottom of the learning curve?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

GoPro has PAL and NTSC settings.

As for the phone, look for a camera app which can set different framerate.

I have the 12 max which has both formats.

Setting cameras to the same settings before shooting will save you a lot of headache.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines