• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest Premiere vs. Canon log = colors way off

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just worked on a new project on the brand new Premiere and found that it can't accurately read Canon Log files. Everything has a strange blue cast. The same files look fine through other programs. And I checked a successful project I did last month on the newest Premiere, and now that's blue too.  I shoot with a Canon C300 Mark II. Incidentally, the proxy files on the SD card were better, but still a bit off. But it was all I had to work with to meet a deadline. This is a serious problem/bug that needs attention ASAP. The screenshot below shows the result.

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Hi stevea49202796,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of Premiere Pro (v15.2). Please download the latest version of Premiere Pro from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue - We have a library of Canon Log files that can't be displayed correctly. Needs attention ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi stevea49202796,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We can get this checked. Would you mind sharing a download link for the sample media with which you are experiencing this issue? It will help us diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also seeing this issue with some footage I received today.  The color is fine when played back in Quicktime, but it looks like the screenshot above when imported to Premiere.  Is there anything we can do with an LUT or third party tool to get around this issure?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to follow up.  I imported the clips into FCP X (I'm currently using my 90 day free trial of the software), and they look fine.  I transcoded using FCP X, and I'm back to Premiere for the edit.  Not a fix, but a workaround if you are in a pinch. I'm hoping a fix for this is in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go here first and try to drill down into the white papers....there are do's and don'ts and variables worth noting before you shoot using that and then edit.

anyway, it's worth noting the horses mouth.

Canon U.S.A., Inc. | Canon Log

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 23, 2021 Mar 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are investigating this issue. You may try the steps mentioned in this article and check if it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet:

Just saw your earlier note. You can download two short clips from here that show the problem when imported to the newest Premiere Pro:

I should mention that I re-installed an earlier version of Premiere Pro and the problem was gone. That should confirm that this isn't some kind of user error or white balance screw up. It is definitely a bug in the newest Premiere Pro causing the heavy blue cast (as seen in the previous screen grab).

As noted before, the cast does not exist when looking at the files in Final Cut X, Quicktime or any other program I tried.

I'll continue using the older version of Premiere until this bug is fixed. It's not a solution for the longterm, but is OK for now.

And to be specific, the version of Canon Log I use is Canon Log 2 Bt 709. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi stevea49202796,

This issue has been fixed in the latest version of Premiere Pro (v15.2). Please download the latest version of Premiere Pro from the Creative Cloud Desktop app. Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines