I have several, heavy problems with the newest version of Premiere Pro on my new machine.
My current setup is as follows:
What I tried:
Copy link to clipboard
In the given project, simple Sony a7 III 4K XAVC-S footage.
Its not simple footage its heavily compressed. Might want to consider using proxies or convert to an easy editable format.
Yes, I know that it's heavily compressed. But that shouldn't lead to such heavy performance and stability issues imo.
But nevermind, tried it with GoPro CineForm clips from another project. That leads to the same issues.
Hey dude I completely feel your frustration here I am with you on this I have had such battles trying to resolve all of these issues and still nowhere, I have the Same Footage as you From A7iii. I have done all those Steps you have done,and i am trying to meet a Deadline with these Projects and all this going on, Any chance can you Render your Footage ?mine will not and if it does its estimated time is crazy Big, If you do resolve this will you please keep Me posted . this is the worse Premiere has ever been for me...
I went to work on a side Project just to see was it the Footage but same sort of crap going on..
16gb DDR4 Ram- Ryzen 7 3800X - Rtx 2070
Hey mate, I'll definitely keep the thread updated if I find any solution. It cost me about 2 workdays of trying dumbest solutions of the internet for now. It's a mess... I read in another thread that someone recommended 14.4 as a stable version. Maybe you could try downgrading and importing the project?
Cheers , At this rate Im going to give it a try, Stop paying a fee for this service and getting all this hassle is just beyond me, I have a Client with a delayed Project now, I just hope it get resolved...
14.4, did not resolve this, I have giving up today, just if a forum in reddit, the user reckons 14.3 is working for him..
Before I got to work today, I also installed 14.4 and tried around a little bit. Since I only had about 10 minutes to test, I can't confirm if 14.4 is now working for me. What I also did is installing the Studio driver rather than the game ready driver for my GTX 1650 Super. Maybe that resolves the problem. I'll test around today after coming home, again - nothing left that I can do. I also can't redo the projects in Resolve this short of the deadline. Please Adobe, fix your software or give us a hint what of our setup could lead to the problems described...
What's the best format to use, I use handbrake and cannot edit my footage, it might be overly compressed.
Having the same issue. Trick for me was to switch back to Software Encoding from Hardware Encoding. Guessing the new update messed that up.
You mean switching from "GPU-Acceleration" to "Software Only" in the "Renderer" tab of the project settings?
I tried that as well. Although, if this would work, it's just a workaround and not a fix... Acceleration should be a pretty basic thing for a software like Premiere. 😄 I'll give it another try later.
Nope, I meant in your export settings. Only this way will any sequence export for me.
But now that I came to read these forums... I am having random Windows freezes too. Only while working in PP or AE. This might relate to an NVIDIA driver error. Gonna try and disable GPU Acceleration for a while to see if any of such freezes occur again.
Copy link to clipboard
Okay mates, it could be that I found a solution to this problem.
After some other community member pointing to the NVIDIA driver and cache files, I did following steps:
I'm now editing about 1 hour and also rendered a part of the video I'm working on without any issues. I didn't disable any of the acceleration features or hardware en/decoding. So for now, it seems to work. If there are any problems again, I'll give you guys a follow up.
I'm guessing the biggest takeaway from this fix is the rollback to an earlier Nvidia driver. Cause eventually events such as freezing originates from hardware. Gonna try that too, thanks for sharing!
Also having freezing issues with R3D files, which I've never had issue with before. Similar situations is that I too am using a second controlling device: a Shuttle Pro v2.
Thought maybe this was a RAM thing but again I've not had this kind of issue before with similar footage.
Gonna try what you mentioned while my posts circulate.
Did you ever reinstall your Loupedeck?
Loupedeck and other devices bug was fixed in 14.8. The main issue with this version is that you should be running the NVIDIA Studio driver, not the game ready one. Can you try that? Hope the advice helps.
I had some important projects to work on, so I just worked.
Deadlines are tight and the bug with the studio driver had cost me a few days.
I've indeed not used the Loupedeck since the last clean install, but I'll use it as soon as my current projects are finished.
I'll give an update as soon as I tried it.
As Kevin said, this bug should be fixed already and hasn't to do with the driver bug.
Btw: Since installing the 457.3 studio driver, I haven't had any problems except of one crash, which I didn't care about because I auto save every 5 minutes. ^^
Don't rely on auto save too much, best is to Save A Copy to a different drive too.
If you have a corrupt project (without you knowing) so will your all auto save be.
With save a copy you can go back further to find a good project.
I'm just versioning my project files every time I open it. Just adding _rev1.1, _rev1.2, _rev1.3...
So this shouldn't be a problem. I also trained my left hand to STRG+S every time it makes sense. 🙂