nice frames for screen spiit

Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

i have split the screen in 4 parts, where there are 4 persons in the same place talking at the same time

I don't like the way the 4 part attach each  other

I think some kind of frames would be better. What can i use to frame the 4 parts?

thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

nice frames for screen spiit

Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello

i have split the screen in 4 parts, where there are 4 persons in the same place talking at the same time

I don't like the way the 4 part attach each  other

I think some kind of frames would be better. What can i use to frame the 4 parts?

thank you

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 12, 2020 0
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the best thing would be to keep the panels the same size throughout the video and scale the clips within those quadrants to get your product. Like grady bunch, current zoom bunch of stuff with dozens of home bound people, etc. 

Just scale and position each cllp within the space you defined ( 4 parts or a hundred ).

It must be a ton of work to do that.. I never did.

I would do a grid in photoshope to get exact LINES to use as a graphic instead of relyinig on PPro guides, etc, But then you have to import the psd as a layer with alpha , so it gets complicated.

good luck 

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but i want also frames to surround each of the clip, kind of decoration..you know what i mean...have already the 4 clips perfectly sized. I dont't like that there is no separation among them..they just attach each other and i find it a bit confusing

they need to have some sort of separation

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Essential Graphics for that. Just select the SQUARE tool (underneath the PEN) and create a vertical and horizontal shape to act as a seperator. Can put a final rectangle around that also if you want it framed as a whole also.

MyerPj_0-1607809471053.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 12, 2020 0
Contributor ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes ok thank you..bit raw though 🙂 would like something little bit nicer

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then Photoshop is where you need to create your frames. You can make the frame borders as nice as you want, then overlay the Ps graphic on top of your 4-frames video clip.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 2
MyerPj LATEST
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent about a minute on that one. Make it nicer, I was thinking you would spend a few minutes on there. I would try to do it in PP, rather than PS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If new to psd then it might confuse you how to do.

Off top of head it's like this:

create file (new) at your overall dimention (full HD ? ) at 72dpi, transparent background.

Let's say you want white borders as example.

make new layer and fill it with black and call it background black

make new layer and use guides to make grid.

use those guides to 'select' the grid squares and stroke them with white to make your borders.

Call that layer 'grid white'

Import the psd layer called grid white.

Now overlay that and use other stuff to scale position your video stuff into the borders in ppro.

something like that,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the same principle in psd to do stuff like imitate binoculars, submarine periscope, etc... but the layers are different ( you would want the alpha channel to just show INSIDE the shape you make for periscope for example, which means you invert stuff compared to what I just suggested for guides.

You would want the guides to be alpha, rather than other way around.

Once you get it in your head it's easy.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 1
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S. good to see you Jeff.. hope all is well and Merry Xmas !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0
Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merry Christmas to you too, Robo! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 13, 2020 0