Highlighted

Ninja V Footage looks overexposed after rendering

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

i just finished my colorcorrection process on an actual clip i'm working on and i was super happy how it worked out, but after rendering the footage... it looks horrible.

I Shot this footage on a Sony a 7 III in HLG 2 connected with an Atomos Ninja V set to Prores LT, Monitor HLG.

When i watch the "rough" material in the vlc or mediaplayer, everything looks ok.

Here are two pictures to show you guys what i mean.

The first shows the colorcorrected footage before rendering, the second after rendering.

Can anybody help me?

HLG_Footage_V1.jpgHLG_Footage_V2.jpg

Topics

Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Ninja V Footage looks overexposed after rendering

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

i just finished my colorcorrection process on an actual clip i'm working on and i was super happy how it worked out, but after rendering the footage... it looks horrible.

I Shot this footage on a Sony a 7 III in HLG 2 connected with an Atomos Ninja V set to Prores LT, Monitor HLG.

When i watch the "rough" material in the vlc or mediaplayer, everything looks ok.

Here are two pictures to show you guys what i mean.

The first shows the colorcorrected footage before rendering, the second after rendering.

Can anybody help me?

HLG_Footage_V1.jpgHLG_Footage_V2.jpg

Topics

Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen this video from Gerald Undone? Sounds like it might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSZ4WGsKLAY

Review and guide for AtomOS 10.3 firmware update for the Atomos Ninja V. Discussing the new "Legalize" option for fixing the log recording issue. 👍 Thanks fo...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Taverino, i will check it out

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did this solve your problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==========

==========

I don't know what that means.

There is 'source material' ( clips before they are put into the editing timeline or editing program )

There is edited footage ( in the timeline, including color correction )

There is exported footage ( the finished product for delivery ).

Does your source material look the same as your export ( the blown out stuff you put up ).

In other words, does the source look blown out, and after you correct and export, it looks as if you didn't accomplish the corrections ??

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Salvo,

thanks for the reply.

with "rough" material i mean the source material.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK... can you post a screenshot of the source material ( same frame as your shot already posted , or close to that frame ) when it is in VLC ( make it big on screen and post that shot ).

That way we can see what you did ( more or less ) when you color corrected.

Then we can move on to other things... like what your EXPORT settings are and stuff like that. When you render that is a process within PPro that renders the timeline to cache various files and make it play in timeline more easily... rendering is not exporting.

hehe... this is going to take a while.

🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue... Is there a solution to this?
Wenn viewing the footage in VLC or resolve it looks fine.
Just lowering exposure doesn't fix it. The colors look off compared to the Resolve preview... I want to edit with premiere - pleasse help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a Mac, perchance?

Color management is a rather complex rabbit hole. But we can probably sort it for you.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines