Highlighted

No Audio after Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a video for my students who are not able to tour a building because of COVID. I used a Canon Powershot SX60 to record the video (and audio) and a mobile plus lavalier to record the audio. I started a New Project and accepted the defaults. I added four MP4 video files to the Project as well as the m4a from the mobile. One by one, I put the video file in the Source panel, trimmed what I wanted and dragged the video to the timeline in one track. For each video, I hunted down the matching audio in my m4a, using the in and out markers on the video's audio. I dragged each audio segment as a clip to the timeline in one track. I matched up the start points, applied simple fade transitions and played it back in the Program panel. It played exactly as I wanted and the audio levels were bouncing around the correct range.

Then, I File > Export > Media. I think I kept the defaults the first time around, except changing the file name. I did notice that the preview didn't show the whole sequence, but I think I just dragged the in/out markers in the preview to suit. I chose the format as H.264, which was suggested in a Help file in the school's site I am loading up to. That site also suggested "Android 720p" but I think the first time, I left it as "Match Source - High bitrate" in a rush. I eagerly clicked Export, and when the rendering was done in about 9min, the video had no audio. I have tried the actions below, but I still end up with an MP4 with no audio. Moreover, I have no audio in my Program panel, where it did play before.

I have tried to read as many help articles/discussion posts as time could afford, but the students are expecting this to get uploaded so they can do their work. I have tried....

• changed Audio Hardware to different speakers (at times, it did say, "Not Working" after the dropdown item, but it does not now)
  • I tried different presets in the Export: YouTube 720p, Vimeo 720p, Match Source - Low bitrate, Adobe Stock with video HD
  • I set Device Class to "MME" and Default Input to "No Input"
  • I added Bars and Tone to the timeline, and it did play the tone (and showed the bars)
  • I toggled the Mute and Solo on the audio track during playback in the Program panel
  • Ensured that each of the 4 audio clips in the timeline are Enabled
  • "Export Audio" is enabled in the export settings

The following events/behviours might be clues:

• when I go to the Project panel, click on an video file, click on the tiny audio button and scroll, I do hear the audio;
  • when I go to the Source panel and click the Play button, the audio plays for the video; switching to the audio file and clicking Play produces no sound, but the marker moves as expected;
  • the Program panel produces no audio playback but the video plays;
  • I did change audio devices while creating this because I was multitasking and needed to change to speakers and back to headphones for other apps.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. I feel that somehow I just need to re-attach/sync the audio file, but I'm afraid I'll lose the in/out markers, which was tedious to locate (i.e. took hours--I'm showing my low level of experience, but I learned how I would do it again. 🙂  ). Either that or my lack of understanding all the audio choices has stuffed things up.

Appreciate any insight.

(screen shots below -- thanks Ann Bens...didn't see the button)

Pr for Audio Issue - timeline.pngPr for Audio Issue - Audio Hardware.png

Community Beginner
Correct answer by em-em | Community Beginner

Resolution: copy source file and use that in the project.

I copied the file in File Explorer and selected that in the Project panel; then, I added it to the Source. I could hear the sound of the audio file in the Source panel, so I right-clicked on the original in the Project panel and clicked, "Replace Footage" and chose the copy. All my clips were updated and the whole sequence instantly had sound. I Exported it with defaults and it worked.

It would still be nice to know if it is possible to salvage the original, in place, if this happens again. I'm just wondering if there is some clearing or deletion of configuration files that can be safely done without having to recapture the clips from the source.[Edit] I should add that both files always played with sound in other apps.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Audio after Exporting

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a video for my students who are not able to tour a building because of COVID. I used a Canon Powershot SX60 to record the video (and audio) and a mobile plus lavalier to record the audio. I started a New Project and accepted the defaults. I added four MP4 video files to the Project as well as the m4a from the mobile. One by one, I put the video file in the Source panel, trimmed what I wanted and dragged the video to the timeline in one track. For each video, I hunted down the matching audio in my m4a, using the in and out markers on the video's audio. I dragged each audio segment as a clip to the timeline in one track. I matched up the start points, applied simple fade transitions and played it back in the Program panel. It played exactly as I wanted and the audio levels were bouncing around the correct range.

Then, I File > Export > Media. I think I kept the defaults the first time around, except changing the file name. I did notice that the preview didn't show the whole sequence, but I think I just dragged the in/out markers in the preview to suit. I chose the format as H.264, which was suggested in a Help file in the school's site I am loading up to. That site also suggested "Android 720p" but I think the first time, I left it as "Match Source - High bitrate" in a rush. I eagerly clicked Export, and when the rendering was done in about 9min, the video had no audio. I have tried the actions below, but I still end up with an MP4 with no audio. Moreover, I have no audio in my Program panel, where it did play before.

I have tried to read as many help articles/discussion posts as time could afford, but the students are expecting this to get uploaded so they can do their work. I have tried....

• changed Audio Hardware to different speakers (at times, it did say, "Not Working" after the dropdown item, but it does not now)
  • I tried different presets in the Export: YouTube 720p, Vimeo 720p, Match Source - Low bitrate, Adobe Stock with video HD
  • I set Device Class to "MME" and Default Input to "No Input"
  • I added Bars and Tone to the timeline, and it did play the tone (and showed the bars)
  • I toggled the Mute and Solo on the audio track during playback in the Program panel
  • Ensured that each of the 4 audio clips in the timeline are Enabled
  • "Export Audio" is enabled in the export settings

The following events/behviours might be clues:

• when I go to the Project panel, click on an video file, click on the tiny audio button and scroll, I do hear the audio;
  • when I go to the Source panel and click the Play button, the audio plays for the video; switching to the audio file and clicking Play produces no sound, but the marker moves as expected;
  • the Program panel produces no audio playback but the video plays;
  • I did change audio devices while creating this because I was multitasking and needed to change to speakers and back to headphones for other apps.

Can't think of anything else at the moment. I feel that somehow I just need to re-attach/sync the audio file, but I'm afraid I'll lose the in/out markers, which was tedious to locate (i.e. took hours--I'm showing my low level of experience, but I learned how I would do it again. 🙂  ). Either that or my lack of understanding all the audio choices has stuffed things up.

Appreciate any insight.

(screen shots below -- thanks Ann Bens...didn't see the button)

Pr for Audio Issue - timeline.pngPr for Audio Issue - Audio Hardware.png

Community Beginner
Correct answer by em-em | Community Beginner

I copied the file in File Explorer and selected that in the Project panel; then, I added it to the Source. I could hear the sound of the audio file in the Source panel, so I right-clicked on the original in the Project panel and clicked, "Replace Footage" and chose the copy. All my clips were updated and the whole sequence instantly had sound. I Exported it with defaults and it worked.

It would still be nice to know if it is possible to salvage the original, in place, if this happens again. I'm just wondering if there is some clearing or deletion of configuration files that can be safely done without having to recapture the clips from the source.[Edit] I should add that both files always played with sound in other apps.

TOPICS
Audio, Editing, Error or problem, Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

embed.jpg

Please do NOT add images via the "attach files" box, as you are then forcing everyone to DOWNLOAD the file to view it outside their browser. Drag/drop the image files directly ONTO your reply box so other users can see them without needing to download unknown strange files.
Thank you! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 30, 2020 0