Highlighted

No Audio for Tutorials

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. I opened the tutorials and played the first one but I'm not getting any audio. I checked the usual suspects from right clicking the speaker in the taskbar, I checked the Premiere Pro-specific audio bar, I checked the Preferences-Audio Hardware and nothing works. What am I missing?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

Ah, I see. No, these aren't instructional videos. They're meant to be real footage with usable audio so you can practice editing. You can find instructional tutorials here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/tutorials.html

TOPICS
Audio, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No Audio for Tutorials

Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Adobe Premiere Pro 2020. I opened the tutorials and played the first one but I'm not getting any audio. I checked the usual suspects from right clicking the speaker in the taskbar, I checked the Premiere Pro-specific audio bar, I checked the Preferences-Audio Hardware and nothing works. What am I missing?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by davidarbor | Adobe Community Professional

Ah, I see. No, these aren't instructional videos. They're meant to be real footage with usable audio so you can practice editing. You can find instructional tutorials here: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/tutorials.html

TOPICS
Audio, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there audio in the timeline? Full UI screenshots would be helpful here.

What happens if you bring your own video into that timeline or a new project, do you hear audio then? 

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am absolutely new to Premier Pro. I tried the first tutorial and got
no sound. It shows a very large cursor moving around the upper left hand
side of the screen but I have no audio.
Thank you very much for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the Audio levels changing in the Audio Meters? and which tutorial you have tried in Premiere pro?

Vishu Aggarwal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do see a couple of green bars on the right side of the screen going up
and down so it seems like it's receiving something.
Thank you very much for your help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post full screen UI screenshots of Premiere, as well as a screenshot of your preferences showing the Audio Hardware section? Being new to Premiere Pro means we need to see exactly what you're looking at in order to give you the most useful advice.

[Please use the "Reply" button under the FIRST POST to ensure replies sort properly.]

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the screenshots.
Note the green bars on the right side of the "Screenshot while video in
first tutorial is playing." The move up and down during the playback.
Thanks again for all your help.

--
David Berkedal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any attachments, can you try again?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying again. 🙂

--
David Berkedal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidarbor_2-1600198393966.png

Nope, no luck. Are you clicking this button? All you need to do is click that, drag your images into the window, wait for them to upload, then hit "Done." If that worked then you should see a preview of the images in your post.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I did that in reply to my first message. I see the uploads on my
desktop, but not on my phone. I'll try again. Patience is a virtue. 🙂

David Berkedal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0