Highlighted

No audio in Premiere Pro - MP4 and some MOV files

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a bunch of videos using Premiere Pro, but now that I've updated to 2020, when I import a MP4 or some MOV files into PP, they have no audio. They have audio in every other program. One day, when I imported a few of them, they did have audio in PP, but the next day, they did not. For awhile, no MOV files had audio, then the next day, they did. I have cleared my cache, went into my 'roaming' folder and removed files, etc.; however, for whatever reason, I cannot get audio out of perfectly fine video files. I have followed all instructions from other posts and it is still not working. I have several deadlines and this is obnoxious as F. Any additional ideas?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No audio in Premiere Pro - MP4 and some MOV files

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a bunch of videos using Premiere Pro, but now that I've updated to 2020, when I import a MP4 or some MOV files into PP, they have no audio. They have audio in every other program. One day, when I imported a few of them, they did have audio in PP, but the next day, they did not. For awhile, no MOV files had audio, then the next day, they did. I have cleared my cache, went into my 'roaming' folder and removed files, etc.; however, for whatever reason, I cannot get audio out of perfectly fine video files. I have followed all instructions from other posts and it is still not working. I have several deadlines and this is obnoxious as F. Any additional ideas?

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and your source properties and sequence settings.  Often, software updates up the required specs for your hardware...  Never hurts to check whether your system meets the requirements

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

And if the previous version of premiere was working properly, I suggest you revert to that.  If you deleted the previous version (never a good idea, IMHO) you can reinstall what ever version was working going back to Premiere 2019.  If your system meets the required specs, hopefully an update will solve your issues...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2020 0